windows 7 on Intel Mac Pro 2006

Reaction score
Here is the problem. I have tryed to install windows 7 on bootcamp on Intel Mac Pro 2006 - 2007. It looks like windows 7 is not supported by this Mac Pro 2006. So right now I'm stuck in windows mode that say try to reinstall Windows.

here is the message "windows failed to start/hardware or software change might be the cause. To fix the problem:
Insert your windows installation disc and restart click to repair"

I can't go back to Mac OS. This is what I have tryed:
1. totally power off, and then restart - it goest to bootcamp again .. constanly rebooting
2. have disconnected that windows hardrive where my windows only was. I have 2 hardrives one for Mac and the other Windows XP...well use to be - in this case it doesn't boot anywere... just grey screen.
3. have inserted MAC OS disc in hope it will somehow reboot in Mac (Snow Leopard)... nothing :[
Any help please here O:)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
To the OP:

Reboot your Mac Pro and hold down the "option" key. The OS X hard drive should appear, press enter. If that doesn't work, you may have overwritten the boot sector on your Mac drive while installing XP on the second drive.

However, booting with the Snow Leopard DVD should work. Again, hold down the option key after you hear the POST chime. An image of the DVD should appear, press enter.

Regards.

OP
W
Reaction score
Reboot your Mac Pro and hold down the "option" key. The OS X hard drive should appear.... Thanks guys, this helps!!!
I got into Mac again :D.
Now I have to format my windows hardrive and get back to Windows XP since Windows 7 is not an option on my Mac Pro 2x2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon :[

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.