Blending image to a colour

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 Imac, Mac Book
Hi guys i want to use an image that is a lilac colour at the edge and blend it into the same sort of colour. I have tried using gradiant but not perfect. I presume i need to blend the image with a colour layer. I have CS4 suite but not sure which to use. The flyer i am putting together is being built in inDesign but have illustrator and photoshop too.

How can i blend image so it gradiants to a colour?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.1GHz MacBook with 4GB RAM, Mac OS X 10.6, iLife and iWork ‘09
Could you elaborate a bit more? I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. Do you want to fade from black and white to color, from one tint to another, or something else? An example of what you're asking about (or the image you're referring to) would be even more helpful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp
If it was me I would do it like this, each to their own though.

I would forget about trying to match the colour in the image that could take ages to get it looking right.

I would, in illustrator, set up another layer, sample the colour you want to blend to, then do a gradient to transparent. Transparent being the image, the solid in the gradient being the sampled colour. does that make sense?

can you post the image?

is cotswold designs where you work?

OP
bluesardine
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G5 Imac, Mac Book
image here

i think image is attached...

this image will be on a A6 flier at the top, i want the bottom colour to blend into the same sort of shade as text will be written.

Thanks for response

Reflection.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mbp
roughly something like this?

15n8xgi.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.