Must have Mac apps for web developers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Unibody (Jan 09)
Please add to the list if you can.

Sequel Pro:
It's like phpMyAdmin with Apple's polished interface. I'm in love with this thing, it makes managing MySQL databases a dream. I wish there was an equivalent for Postgre, though.

Coda:
It's an SSH/FTP client and text editor in one. Another program I cannot live without.

SiteSucker:
This lets you download an entire website (or parts of it) to your computer. This can be useful if you want to learn how a particular website design works.

KeePassX
A utility that lets you store all your passwords (and generate random ones). If you have access to ~25 SSH servers like I, this is useful for keeping track of them all.

Hmm, I thought I'd have more. If you don't like Coda, Cyberduck and TextWrangler make a good replacement.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 GHz Intel Core Duo, 2GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, 250GB Hard Drive
I really like what sitesucker dose, All though isn't it copyrighted? Well not if you use it on your own site right?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 3.06GHz processor, ATI Radeon HD 4850 graphics, 1TB HDD
Sequel Pro is amazing. <3

I prefer BBEdit for my coding/text editing. I don't know why really, it's just awesome. Might download the Coda trial though and see if it can change my mind. ;)

Also, I use 1Password for all my password needs. It's brilliant.

Reaction score
Another vote for Sequel Pro, I used SQL Manager J before and Sequel Pro knocks it into a cocked hat. I also use Heidi in Windows on Parallels horrible interface and overly complicated.

Another Application I've found to be invaluable is MAMP (I use the Pro version as I have several sites). It provides an Apache, MySQL and PHP server inside the Application, so you don't have to use the built-in Mac one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook :: Unibody:250Gb HD:4Gb RAM | iPhone 3G :: 8Gb :: Jailbroken
Fugu is a great SFTP client for mac that's made life easier for me when I'm doing stuff server-side.

Reaction score
If you haven't seen the firebug addon for firefox your missing out huge. It saves me literally hundreds of hours searching css files.

It'll blow your mind mang

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.