PDA

View Full Version : Unsanity Help

11:11
06-07-2005, 10:46 AM
im pretty sure im getting unsanity shapeshifter, cause its sweet, but i have some questions

i have more than one mac and id like it for all of them, if i purchase it they send me the regisration codes, is it possible to get this on more than one mac with only purchasing one copy?

Also, while i am here, bout Tiger you can buy a single user or family user pack, so if i buy the single user i can only use that on one mac? cuase thats a ripoff having to spend tons of money, and i hear there is problems with it

06-07-2005, 04:53 PM
does anyone know?

coach_z
06-07-2005, 05:22 PM
'sup

one: your signiture is way to big, check out the forum rules for signiture sizes and regulations (just a reminder)

b) unsanity is a small-ish company making all its money from the few products you see...i think you could technically use just one number but technically that would be illegal and the company would not be able to fund the making of new great software (i own and use almost all their stuff)

III) same deal with apple stuff...the family pack is 199 i do belive for like 5 different computers...the software is new and has its bugs just like any new software there might be out there but i hear it is very stable: link to family pack (http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebObjects/AppleStore?productLearnMore=M9640Z/A)

thats about it from what i can remember...any more questions just ask

Kokopelli
06-07-2005, 07:08 PM
im pretty sure im getting unsanity shapeshifter, cause its sweet, but i have some questions

i have more than one mac and id like it for all of them, if i purchase it they send me the regisration codes, is it possible to get this on more than one mac with only purchasing one copy?

Not and obey the licensing restrictions no. I purchased multiple copies at once and they sent a single key. Whether the key is different based on the factor that I paid for multiple licenses I do not know.

Unsanity is a small company trying to make a living. Do not begrudge them the $10-20 please.

Also, while i am here, bout Tiger you can buy a single user or family user pack, so if i buy the single user i can only use that on one mac? cuase thats a ripoff having to spend tons of money, and i hear there is problems with it

So you spend $129 for one license or $70 more for 5 within the same household. If you feel that $129 is a ripoff do not buy it. If you feel it is reasonable I fail to see how you find the family pack unreasonable.

Apple is not a small company, but I do not begrudge them their 2 coins. If you feel the product is too expensive or not stable do not buy it. Do not ask us to justify breaking the license agreement and installing a single user license on multiple machines though. Again, no one is putting a gun to your head, if it is not worth it for you do not buy it.

P.S. You sig may be too big but it is hella cool.

coach_z
06-07-2005, 07:12 PM
i do agree your signiture is pretty awesome...would be a cool splash page if you have a website
-chris

iLEFTOVERCRACK
06-07-2005, 07:21 PM
yea did you make it?

06-07-2005, 07:28 PM
i made the sig but i dont have programs to animate the 2 pictures used, so i just sent them to a friend with it and he combined them, so techincally i made parts of it, but whatever

also, im only 16 and 20 dollars is a fare ammount, i mean i got video games and such, i was just wondering not to steal the money but to know so i dont purchase 2 when i could have saved 20 dollars buying only one

Kokopelli
06-07-2005, 07:50 PM
Then no. To the best of my knowledge when you purchase a license from unsanity it is for a single Mac. I realize when you are young $20 is a lot of money, but it is not insignificant when you are older either.