iPad 64GB - testing for radiation levels - HD video

Reaction score
we surprised our son with a 64GB iPad yesterday and later he tested for magnetic radiation levels since we were concerned over extended use of the iPad on his lap.

This was filmed with a Canon 5DM2 camera

YouTube - Apple iPad unboxing - Is iPad Safe to use? - Magnetic Field Radiation Test

The only area where the WIFI RF transmit levels that were near 3 milligauss of AC magnetic fields was near the headphone jack, up top.
So with traditional holding of the iPad near the power button, the magnetic radiation levels are near zero levels.

I hope this helps.

Paul

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Very cute. I wish my spoiled kids displayed the level of appreciation that your son does when opening a gift. ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15-inch Early 2008; Processor 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo; Memory 4 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM; 10.7.5
It was so fun to watch how excited he was ! Man, it's unbelievable what kids today get to play with in comparison with what WE had ! I mean ok, it was exciting unwrapping an Amiga and a Commodore 64, but what a difference in application and advancement in such a relatively short period of time !

To be honest, this really makes me think about how much we as adults, can take for granted the cool gadgets which permeate our society on the whole. Kids naturally view these things very differently and aren't as analytical about what intended purposes may suit things like the iPad, but they sure inspire us to keep the creative juices flowing !

Very nice video. And really cute kid. Wouldn't mind hearing him play piano a bit more, either..

Doug

P.S. Should we be concerned with the amount of electro magnetic radiation which our MacBook's are emitting ? lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Macbook Pro with 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1066MHz DDR3, 500GB Serial ATA @ 7200 rpm, HiRes AntiGla
great vid - wish i had an iPad when I was his age :) Also, glad to know that there isnt any radiation.. how did the iPhone fare in that test?

OP
P
Reaction score
thanks!

this is one with him playing piano

YouTube - Tribute to The Umbrellas of Cherbourg - I will wait for you - Les Parapluies de Cherbourg

regarding the macbook, those and the macbook air have very low radiation levels on the bottom. it is safe on your sensitive areas (you know where....)
the problem area is the screen and the wall brick.

as for the iphone. get yourself a bluetooth headset and avoid putting it close to your ear. this is especially true with the 3G and 3GS models.

I went to the apple store one time with the meter and measured everything...
(yeah, my son was there with me.... :) )

hope this helps.

paul

It was so fun to watch how excited he was ! Man, it's unbelievable what kids today get to play with in comparison with what WE had ! I mean ok, it was exciting unwrapping an Amiga and a Commodore 64, but what a difference in application and advancement in such a relatively short period of time !

To be honest, this really makes me think about how much we as adults, can take for granted the cool gadgets which permeate our society on the whole. Kids naturally view these things very differently and aren't as analytical about what intended purposes may suit things like the iPad, but they sure inspire us to keep the creative juices flowing !

Very nice video. And really cute kid. Wouldn't mind hearing him play piano a bit more, either..

Doug

P.S. Should we be concerned with the amount of electro magnetic radiation which our MacBook's are emitting ? lol

OP
P
Reaction score
iphone.... not very well.
especially the more powerful newer models.
my 1st generation 2G iphone emits lower waves than my son's 3GS.
i make him wear headphones and bluetooth headset and not to place it in his pants during the school day. I hope he listens....

paul

great vid - wish i had an iPad when I was his age :) Also, glad to know that there isnt any radiation.. how did the iPhone fare in that test?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.