• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Burned computer in the house?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
:rolleyes: :miner: Has anyone had a computer blow up, catch or fire, smoke, etc.

Just wondering.

:) :biohazard :dummy: :dummy: :biohazard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
I lit an old 286 on fire once with a screwdriver..... Accidentally touched it to something by the power supply and the sparks flew, the breakers blew, and I was in need of a change of underwear.

The moral of the story: Kids.... Unplug your machines before you stick long metal objects into them.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 17", 1.8 Ghz, 1GB RAM
sarahsboy18 said:
I lit an old 286 on fire once with a screwdriver..... Accidentally touched it to something by the power supply and the sparks flew, the breakers blew, and I was in need of a change of underwear.

The moral of the story: Kids.... Unplug your machines before you stick long metal objects into them.

Whoa really? What were you doing?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, 8-Core 2.8Ghz, 10GB RAM, 2x1TB HDDs, iPod U2 Edition
Just trying to change out the old hercules monochrome video card.... I was like 14.... and just didn't unplug the machine first. The plastic sheath over some of the power cord connections had slid off so when I set the screwdriver down and it rolled and fell down by the power switch....... I "learned a valuable lesson"

OP
macEfan
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Powermac g4 400mhz, 10gb, 256mb ram, OS9
Mmm interesting!

my old stupid pc's power supply started spewing black smoke. So i dumped the whole thing.

THANK YOU MAC for not blowing up

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20", 250gb, 512mb, Airport/Bluetooth, wireless kb+mouse
Well...not my computer but when I was younger, for some reason I had an Atari Jaguar (it kind of sucked but I still enjoyed it). One day, I sat down in front of it after school and turned it on to play some Cybermorph and it just started to smoke. I fill my entire living up with smoke. I was afraid to unplug it because I thought it would blow up, but by the time I did unplug it I couldn't even breath. That was seriously a crazy day...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.