• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

New iPod touch?

Reaction score
hey i was trying to know since there are new macbooks are new iPods soon to follow? don't they usually release them around fall? just trying to make sure because i need a new one so should i hold out or just buy the current ipod touch?

Reaction score
New iPod's don't see a release until the fall, usually early to mid September, sometimes as late as October.

You'll be fine with the current iPod touch 3G...it'll handle the multitasking that iPhone OS 4 will offer.

The MacBook Pro's aren't really all that much newer than the last set...just a few hardware upgrades is all.

Reaction score
You'll be fine if you buy one now.. Just make sure to buy the 32GB or 64GB 3G models.. Those are the only iPod Touch's that will be able to handle all of the iPhone OS 4.0 software.

Reaction score
You'll be fine if you buy one now.. Just make sure to buy the 32GB or 64GB 3G models.. Those are the only iPod Touch's that will be able to handle all of the iPhone OS 4.0 software.

Yes... It's definately a good investment... The ipod touch is great

Reaction score
Yes... It's definately a good investment... The ipod touch is great

It is great. Back in 2008, I was contemplating on replacing my 3rd gen iPod nano. It was almost a tie between the iPod touch and the new iPod nano that came out that year. After weighing options, the iPod touch seemed like a better choice because I knew Apple would be upgrading and improving the OS, and the Apps were worth waiting for.

Reaction score
i once heard that some people convert any videos to iphone by itunes,

is that true?

any easy steps?

Reaction score
i once heard that some people convert any videos to iphone by itunes,

is that true?

any easy steps?

iTunes allows you to convert videos to iPod format, and I believe iPhone format. iTunes also allows you to convert any iTunes compatible track into AAC format as well.

OP
R
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys i'll just wait for a bit until i get that extra 100 bucks to buy the 32gb that or i might just hold off until fall to see what will be new or whatever.

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys i'll just wait for a bit until i get that extra 100 bucks to buy the 32gb that or i might just hold off until fall to see what will be new or whatever.

I'll also add that if you do get an iPod touch, it runs the same operating system as the iPhone, so if you convert video, choose to convert it to iPhone. iPod conversion won't play on iPhone OS.

Reaction score

Not a bad idea to hold on for the new iphone, but the current one is still pretty good

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.