Macbook Pro Wifi issue

Reaction score
Hello there

Please can somebody help me!! My Macbook Pro (10.4.11) has recently developed real trouble connecting to wifi. At home it will only get a signal if the netgear router is right next to it. At uni it drops in and out depending on whereabouts in the room I am, and the signal is weak at best. I've had my setup for a year and it's been fine until now.

This is problem that has just developed and is so frustrating. My partner has a macbook which can connect just fine throughout the house, so can I assume it's not a router issue? How can I fix this problem? I've tried many searches but can not find a solution. I can't see the point of a wireless connection that only works if my computer is right next to my router!

Please help!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4GHz i5 OS X 10.6.3
Do you have bluetooth turned on? If so, turn it off and try to connect again. If not, this may be a hardware problem on your MBP since it occurs on more than one wireless network.

OP
A
Reaction score
You are a genius. Thankyou soooo much. I tried so many various different complicated things - and this seems to have done the trick. I was ready to give up - I love you!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15.4" 2.4GHz i5 OS X 10.6.3
You're more than welcome.

Should I expect flowers or chocolates? ;D

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.