• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Best forum

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz RAM, iPhone 4S
I recently switched to mac back in December and with that I started to get into forums and this was my first and it has been a great experience. I am also an avid golfer so since this forum is extremely helpful and fun to check out, I decided to join a forum about golf. And honestly it SUCKS compared to this. Everyone's responses are short and rude and not ever helpful, this is when you get a response which doesn't happen too often. That is the complete opposite of what I have found in this forum. The number of responses and the quality of responses in this forum can not be beat! So congrats to everyone here who makes this possible.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 27" 2.66GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 12GB RAM, OS X 10.7.3, iPod Classic 160GB,iPad 1 64GB Wi-fi, iPhone 4S
I have to agree. I am a member of a motorcycle forum and several 3D forums, and out of all, this one has to be the best. Even though I have not asked many questions here, I have learned a great deal just from reading the posts. When I have asked a question, the responses were quick and helpful.

The other forums I am a member of are like you describe a lot of the time. Sometimes the replies are helpful, when you get them, other times the responses are very condescending like how dare you waste their time by asking a question you should already know the answer to. Most replies are often just RTFM.

I'm glad I found this site when I was researching Mac's before my purchase. Mac-Forums rules.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Forums are a hit and miss thing and are mostly based on how well they are run.

I'd say more but you are a Penguins fan and that is all I can get out without tossing obscenities in this post. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.