whats your ipad charging time?

Reaction score
hi all!

i tried to charge my ipad last night when it has 8% of battery life left. i woke up after 7 hours, checked the ipad, it showed 92% on the screen. it took more than 7 hours to completely charge my ipad by using the stock charger which came with the ipad.

is it normal? whats your charing time on your ipad?

thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Hmm, that doesn't seem right at all. I don't know any modern batteries that take so long to charge. Mine is down to about 10% now. Charge it tonight and let you know what it is in the AM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
32G iPad
Mine charges very quick will check the time

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Got up pretty early today and was 100% I'm sure there's someone out there that has done a recharging timing test you can probably look up, but I would say if it happens like that again, go get a replacement.

Reaction score
hi all!

i tried to charge my ipad last night when it has 8% of battery life left. i woke up after 7 hours, checked the ipad, it showed 92% on the screen. it took more than 7 hours to completely charge my ipad by using the stock charger which came with the ipad.

is it normal? whats your charing time on your ipad?

thanks

I'll admit I am no expert but does it not take a little longer to charge for the first time. For example I am sure I read that the iphone and any mobile (or as you guys call it cell phone) need around 16 hours first time charging this is also to maximize your battery.

Is it also not a good idea to completely drain your battery from time to time and charge it from then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac, Apple TV, iPod, iPad
Not charging on sync

Mine does not charge when connected to iTunes

The battery icon does not show charging, the iPad says not charging

any ideas?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
iPad: Charging the battery

Note: Some USB 2.0 ports and accessories do not provide enough power to charge iPad. When this occurs the message "Not Charging" appears in the status bar next to the battery icon.

That is probably what you are experiencing. So just use the wall charger that came with the ipad.

OP
D
Reaction score
hi,

thanks for all the help.

I just found out it was the usb cable causing the problem. I did charge with the wall charger that came with iPad, but i did not use the iPad usb cable came with it. instead, i used some OEM usb cable for my ipod touch to charge the iPad.

I have tested the time with the original iPad usb cable, and it only took 4 hours to fully charge my iPad.

thanks again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad
Heads up- don't use your iPhone charger (white box) to charge the iPad. I have both devices charging near each other and mixed up the chords and it blew the small white transformer box. You will note the iPad white box is much larger. In response to this thread, mine takes about four or five hours to charge from dead. Only high powered USB plugs will charge the iPad, and even then you run the risk of ruining that too. Just use the charger it came with.

Reaction score
The iPhone charge will charge the iPad, but slowly. From MacWorld:

"As we covered a few days ago, the iPad requires more juice than the iPhone or any iPod. As a result, no iPhone or iPod chargers we tested—AC or auto—were able to charge the iPad as quickly as its own 10-Watt USB charger. Higher-power USB chargers, such as Apple’s iPhone Power Adapter and some AC and auto chargers designed specifically for the iPhone, will charge the iPad, albeit more slowly, even while the iPad is in use. Other iPhone chargers, and most chargers designed for iPods, don’t provide enough juice to charge the iPad’s battery while the iPad is being used; you’ll see the message Not charging in the iPad’s menu bar. (These lower-power accessories will power the iPad during use; they just can’t charge the battery at the same time. When you put the iPad to sleep, the iPad’s battery will charge, but very slowly.)"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.