• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

What do I do now...?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz, 4 GB DDR3, 250 GB HDD, 10.6.4
I've been in love with Macs since I first got my hands on one. Since I've joined the forums, my Mac-fu has increased exponentially, I've been downloading utilities and fun extra stuff like a fiend, and now have an even better computing experience than I could have imagined. In all honesty, the sheer opulence of my 4.5 lbs of Mac has blown my mind.

But alas, this is not simply another "I'm amazed" thread. I've already gotten more out of my machine than most of my friends in the real world, and I know I've barely scratched the surface. Here, I guess, is the real point of my post: What's next?

I realize the knowledge comes with time, but I'm wondering what the real Mac users know that I don't. I know there's a lot to be done with Terminal and behind the scenes, but every time I try to figure it out myself, I get totally lost.

tl;dr- Can anyone point me in the direction of (or, if you're feeling extra awesome, tell me) what I can do to step up my Mac knowledge even further.

P.S.- Sorry for the long and winding post, and please ignore if this makes no sense. :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2,1, Macbook Pro 5.1, (2) iphone 4S's, (2) iPad Mini's, Apple TV, MacBook Pro 9.2
I'm pretty confident everything you could ever want to know will be found here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
But alas, this is not simply another "I'm amazed" thread. I've already gotten more out of my machine than most of my friends in the real world, and I know I've barely scratched the surface. Here, I guess, is the real point of my post: What's next?

I realize the knowledge comes with time, but I'm wondering what the real Mac users know that I don't.

I'd say just use it the way you need to. As needs arise, you'll discover more "power-user" features. It's tough to get the most out of your Mac without tasks that push your knowledge envelope. You probably only use about 10% of your brain cells, so why should a machine be any different? ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Google. It'll tell you everything you want to know.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.