two monitors

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5", 3.06 GHz intel Core 2 duo, ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256MB
I have set up a second monitor, and it runs fine. However, I cannot get things to run in full screen on the second monitor, it just wont' work unless I run full screen on the primary screen. I have a 21.5 in imac upgraded model purchased early this year. My second display is a samsung SyncMaster 204B

One reason i'm bugged by this is that I want to run windows in virtual box in the seamless mode on my second monitor. Is there a better way?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Unless I don't understand your question, there's no way to do it. Your second monitor is either going to display in an "Extended Desktop Mode" or "Mirror Mode". In order to do what you wish, you may actually need a video card with two output ports - which your iMac does not have.

Regards.

OP
N
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5", 3.06 GHz intel Core 2 duo, ATI Radeon HD 4670 graphics with 256MB
It is displaying in extended desktop mode. My previous windows machine did it just fine with an extended desktop. I could watch netflix streaming in full screen on my TV for example, with it set up as an extended desktop. I can't do that now, netflix will only go to full screen on my main display. Is it because there was a built in S-Video connection on my windows machine video card?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.