PDA

View Full Version : Cant get iBook to recognize camcorder

MactotheMax
06-04-2005, 04:23 PM
Hey folks. I have a Samsung scd23 that I've had for about a year. I've lost the CDs that came with it so I dont have those. (I was using it on a PC)
Well, I now own (since about February) an iBook G4. I just today tried to connect my camcorder up to the 'book but nothing happens. I cant seem to get the computer to even see the camcorder. Now i'm very new with Macs so any help would be appreciated.

My laptop is still running Panther. OS X 10.3.9.

any ideas?

Ghostshadow
06-04-2005, 04:30 PM
are you using usb or fire wire ? , i have a samsung scd103 and i can only get the vid off of it in imovie hd using firewire .

coach_z
06-04-2005, 04:34 PM
are you waiting for it to show up as an external hard drive??
try opening up imovie and seeing if you can find it in there...little toggle switch near tthe bottom left

also see if you can find some drivers on the camera's website, your mac shouldnt really need drivers but sometimes it does help

-chris

MactotheMax
06-05-2005, 01:47 AM
Yes. I'm using firewire. I've searched for drivers on the Samsung website to no avail. I've tried opening iMovie to see if it is there. All it says is no camera attached.

I am only using iMovie '04 and not iMovie HD if that makes a difference. I havent upgraded.

rman
06-06-2005, 10:40 AM
Be sure to turn your camera on in video mode first, then start iMovie. You should not need any drivers. Also in iMovie there ia a litlle toggle switch near the bottom left of the application window. That switches you from edit mode to video import mode. Click on the litle camera to get it into video import mode.

Ghostshadow
06-06-2005, 11:13 AM
here is what the toggle looks like
-------
http://img284.echo.cx/img284/3667/toggle8oc.jpg
-------
it's near the bottom left hand like rman said .

you'll need to click it to the camera to capture the video .

MactotheMax
06-06-2005, 08:57 PM
Hey guys. Thanks for all the input.
After all the trials and errors, etc. I found the problem.
Although my firewire cable was only brand new, it was faulty...
Sheesh. What aggravation. Anyways, I got a good one and it found the cam no probs.

Again, thanks for all the help guys.

rman
06-06-2005, 09:28 PM
Glad you were able to resolve the problem. :)

Ghostshadow
06-07-2005, 05:06 AM
Riiiight on :) (thumbs up)