• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Still no news...

Reaction score
Hey guys I went for my second interview at the Apple store last Tuesday and they said they would get back to me by Thursday or Friday and still no news, its been nearly a week is this good or bad news? should I contact them?

Many thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
It's always a good idea to call and follow-up. It shows that you are actively interested and a go-getter. They may even be waiting for you to call them.

I'd say it won't hurt, will probably help (and keep your name fresh in their minds). If you haven't recieved a dear John letter yet, there's still the possibility it's open.

That being said, many retail stores just call the new hire and never call or write to the ones who lost out.

Reaction score
Yeah I called in LA they told me to F off, prob a lot of people applying

Reaction score
I would email them as it is more formal but then it is your call...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15 inch 2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 4 Gigs of ram
both! stay persistent because it shows you do follow up and want the job. like the others said above, it cannot hurt the cause. best of luck!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2009 Macbook Pro 2.26, 160gb HD, 2gb RAM, OSX 10.6; Emac 1.42ghz 80gb HD 2gb RAM OSX 10.5
Both wouldn't hurt, but I would call over e-mail. Typically, when sending an e-mail to a possible employer, it looks lazy and as if you don't want the job if you just send an e-mail as opposed to calling.

Same goes with applications. Never fill one out in the store, because it will go in the circular file, but always turn in an application or resume whenever possible (obviously, this isn't always the case). If you live down the street, and you apply via fax, e-mail, or web-form, many managers will shoot you down for not taking the extra effort to get in your car and drive there.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.