Airport doesn't connect after restart

Reaction score
I'm using Mac OSX 10.5.8 on my new mac

Whenever using Leopard, even on my last mac the airport connection settings don't seem to save after restarting the computer. Every time I try to connect to the internet using the Airport icon at the top right of the screen, it fails to connect to the network after typing in the password. When I chose to do a network Diagnostic it asks me to pick the network, then to enter the password. When completed it will have an internet connection.

But this happens every time I restart the computer.

My mac running Tiger doesn't have that problem at all.

Any suggestions?

Reaction score
I'm having a very similar problem...

I have Time Warner cable internet which is working fine, and am using a Linksys WRT54G Router to connect to Apple airport. The router has worked fine for 2 years on the same computer I'm using now, and upon moving to a new building, it has been out of whack.

I am running Mac OSX 10.5.8 on a 2x2.8GHz Quad-Core Intel Xenon Mac Pro.

Whenever I restart my computer, I lose internet connectivity. My wireless network is not recognized by Airport, and when I manually try to connect to it, the connection times out after 5 spins of the loading wheel. This is also the case on the other computers in my apartment.

The guy at Linksys tech support told me over the phone that I'd have to buy a new router, but why now? It has been working just fine until I moved.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem with an MBP on Tiger.

I have 2 other MB's on the same wireless network (on Leopard) which don't exhibit this problem, though one of them has another problem. This means it isn't likely to be a router problem.

My network is an Airport Extreme connected to a Belkin F5D5630aus ADSL modem.

Any help appreciated.

Ken.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.