Entourage not saving

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac & MacBook
Don't know if this is the correct forum but I've tried Microsoft support with no joy. Trouble is that I've just updated Entourage to ver. 12.1.0 and now it won't save emails to the "Sent" folder. I've tried creating a subfolder of "Sent" and creating a rule to put sent emails here but this doesn't work either.

Anyone else had this problem?

Thanks

doolally

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
I had the same problem with Entourage - there is a setting where you have to specifically tell it to save your send messages in the Sent folder.
I went bonkers trying to figure it out. When I did - I was told Mail had Exchange support - now they tell me! Then I dumped Entourage in favor of Mail.app.

OP
doolally
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac & MacBook
i didtched entourage and managed to get a refund, it's a waste of space.

Well, thank you for that technically clever recommendation. You've been a great help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
Well, thank you for that technically clever recommendation. You've been a great help.

Heh, greetings from across the pond. :)

I think the idea he is trying to convey is the fact that Entourage is so atrociously bad you wold be better off finding a different solution. That is what I ultimately did.

Is there any particular reason you feel you need to use Entourage? Perhaps we can find a better solution such as Apple Mail. If not, I will install Entourage and see what I can find out.

OP
doolally
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac & MacBook
Heh, greetings from across the pond. :)

I think the idea he is trying to convey is the fact that Entourage is so atrociously bad you wold be better off finding a different solution. That is what I ultimately did.

Is there any particular reason you feel you need to use Entourage? Perhaps we can find a better solution such as Apple Mail. If not, I will install Entourage and see what I can find out.

Been away for a few days so forgive the late reply.

Yes, I can see that Entourage is a bag of c**p so I tried Mac Mail which is "OK" but not really what I want. Then used Thunderbird but it needs so many add-ons to get it to what I want that I got bored with it. Then I found the answer - Gmail. It does exactly what I need and I can access from anywhere.

thanks again.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Unibody MacBook Pro 2.26, 4gb RAM, 500gb HD
To answer the OP's question.

Entourage > Preferences > Compose

Click 'Save copies of messages in the Sent Items folder'.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.