• This forum is for posting news stories or links from rumor sites. When you start a thread, please include a link to the site you're referencing.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM TO ASK "WHAT IF?" TYPE QUESTIONS.

THIS IS NOT A FORUM FOR ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT HOW TO USE YOUR MAC OR SOFTWARE.

This is a NEWS and RUMORS forum as the name implies. If your thread is neither of those things, then please find the appropriate forum to ask your question.

If you don't have a link to a news story, do not post the thread here.

If you don't follow these rules, then your post may be deleted.

Apple stopped taking PB orders...

B

BrianH

just a rumor i heard on notebookforums from a moderator that i would share... start drooling over the g5 powerbooks, i know i am... :dive:
http://notebookforums.com/showthread.php?t=86321

"apple stopped taking custom pb orders from corporate customers as of the 23rd. wwdc on the 6th.

I have it on source that g5 pb will debut at or within 2 weeks of wwdc."

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
My setup: 17in SD iMac G5, 1GB RAM & 12in iBook, 1.5GB RAM (Both computers standard config.)
if i had to guess i would say that it is more likely going to be a dual core g4. That sound more reasonable then a G5 notebook.

I don't see the G5 notebook coming out untill this time next year AT THE EARLIEST!!!

(Although it really wouldn't bother me if they did something to the powerbooks...be it dual core G4 or G5... come around the first of september, as i will be going to college by then. And i will be ordering a PB around that time)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
dual 2.5 ghz g5 desktop with ati 800x video card,14" iBook 1gb
OOOOOOOOOOOO dear god i hope so....

Reaction score
if you even have to question if it's legit, most likely it's not. there is no way they are $500 cheaper than apple itself and any other apple reseller. i would NOT buy from them.....

OP
B

BrianH

I am doubtful of this place. I received an email from them, after I saw a posting on craig's list. I tried calling and I get a message "extension 1 is unavialable, please leave a message". How in the heck can they sell so cheap? And they say they are authorized dealers as well?

Reaction score
my bet is, they are based in another country hence they keep mentioning US DOLLARS and the site ends in .US i wouldn't see any other company doing this. i bet it's a bunch of scammers in Nigeria like they do on ebay all the time. i'd stay away for sure.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes but there a offical apple dealer arent they?

OP
B

BrianH

Click on the "about us" and scroll down. Would a professional business have an anime drawing that explicit? I dont think so, but dag that price on the pb is sweet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
goddddd i really wish they were real

Reaction score
just bc it says it on the site doesn't mean they are hahaha....it says they are a leader in the eastern european market.....HMMMM? but based in MI? haha i don't think so. also, try the buy now option and it will tell you their online store is currently under construction, please send us orders via email. well yeah you do that they ask for your credit card number and ur pin on the back and you're screwed they just took ur money.

OP
B

BrianH

they say they are based in Flint,MI but i googled they address and all that and cant find it? anyone else have any luck?

OP
I

iMe

And these are the prices not including the student discount that the site offers.

OP
B

BrianH

Just got another email at 12:10 am from this "company". If they are baed in Michigan, how is someone still in the office at 11 pm? SCAM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Man it's tempting to report them to Apple or whoever would take care of this obvious scam.

Im guessing dual G4's if they do debut powerbooks.

OP
B

BrianH

The guy @ the supposed company emailed me back within 5 minutes and gave me their information so i can wire them the money for the powerbook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.