Who's planning on trying to pick an iPad w/o reserve on Saturday?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Planning one lining up at a Best Buy or Apple store the morning of? Which one do you think will be more difficult to get one at?

I'm sure the Apple store will definitely have more, but you might not have to get up at the crack of midnight to line up at the Best Buys.

What's your game plan?

Reaction score
No offense but this is yet another useless topic.

Ok and as it cost anything to post? I respect you view but perhaps others may be interested in this post.

To answer the Question I will not be getting this nor the next Ipad I holding hope for a Verizon 3g Ipad. But if I were to get online it would be at a apple store I have not purchased any apple products form any place other then apple but to add who will apple supply better I can tell you form the Iphone At&t had a short supply but the apple stores had a **** of alot more stock piled.

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs

Well, thanks for reading the post title, opening the post, reading whole post, and then commenting on it.

Have a nice, useless day!

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

I think it's an interesting topic. I clicked on it to read others' thoughts. O:)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
I'll be waiting for the 3G iPad, so it's gonna be a few more weeks till I get mine. My girlfriend is buying it for me, so it'll be coming to my door.

However, I will be going to the Apple Store soon after launch to check out the iPad itself :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
It will be actually interesting to watch the interest and see the stats come out, when its launched from the Southern Hemisphere. We still have a lil while before we get our hands on the iPad, but me personally will wait for a 2nd Gen

And when it is launched it will be fun to get amongst the hype when we have our launch .....

Good luck to all .... Will it be like a rush of people in those Boxing Day Super Specials.

We will wait and see :)

TM

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Firstly there's not need to bash each other "you're useless, no you're more useless" Not needed.
And yes us Southern hemisphere get to see how the northern crows react to an ipad. And how long they queued up for an ipad. So when our turn comwa around if a few weeks we won't make the same mistakes the US crowds did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Firstly there's not need to bash each other "you're useless, no you're more useless" Not needed.
And yes us Southern hemisphere get to see how the northern crows react to an ipad. And how long they queued up for an ipad. So when our turn comwa around if a few weeks we won't make the same mistakes the US crowds did.

Exactly :)

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I think it's an interesting topic. I clicked on it to read others' thoughts. O:)

Me too...

Still trying to decide if I should face the early crowd to pick mine up.

Anyone interested in seeing a few pics of the happenings at the Apple store?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Still trying to decide if I should face the early crowd to pick mine up.

You need to face the crowd......
Be champion bob and take them on mate. I certainly would like to see the catastrophic mayhem that will go on. I think this is going to be a HUGE day for our beloved 

We need pictures lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Well if you purchase your ipad from the Apple store they will give you free genius support and help you to use it. Like as free ipad for dummies class. I read that somewhere.

OP
fleurya
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well if you purchase your ipad from the Apple store they will give you free genius support and help you to use it. Like as free ipad for dummies class. I read that somewhere.

Oh really? That's a good point and one that would probably get people to head to the Apple Stores instead. It's probably not so helpful for current iPhone/Touch users since they'll be able to jump right in, but for first time users that could be a good incentive.

+1 virtual rep since I can't give you any more just yet ;)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Here is one for you all to read. I figured it would bash the iPad from end to end, but besides pointing out no Flash or USB it's VERY positive. There is a video also of them using it. I am very impressed.

Apple iPad Review with Video and Photos - Full Review - Reviews by PC Magazine

(outdated link removed)

C

chas_m

Stephen Fry has been busy tweeting all evening about his new toy (including unboxing video) and pictures of apps he has bought.

Andy Inhatko has spent a week with the iPad now, and has written what I think is a brilliant first-person account of it:
Sure, the iPad is cool – but is it a real computer? :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Andy Ihnatko (dead link removed)

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Thanks Chas for that URL. Going to check it out now. That video on the URL I gave impressed me! Just seeing it work.

That first paragraph is priceless! :D Rep to you Chas!

Cool, it will do what I thought it was going to do and iTunes 9.1 will let you sync your documents also! Very cool.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!

Yeah, I'd like to see, what I'd be missing out on, if I had an Apple Store in my area. :p

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
A quote from the PC Mag review:

Among the cooler made-for-iPad apps I tried were the Marvel Comics app, which is a visually-stunning encyclopedia of Marvel's free and pay-for content;

Reaction score
So back to the Topic - What time are we showing Up - Pre Opening - or right at 3:00?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I wonder when the 3pm line will start? And if people will camp out for hopes of a 3pm deal.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.