Another problem with AE

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 MBP Yosemite
Lots of details to let you know what has happened so far.
Yesterday my ISP had their server go down for about 8 hours. Somehow this outage did something to my Linksys router. After my internet access came back on, I troubleshot my router (because Comcast doesn't support routers that they don't sell or lease :Not-Amused: ). Anyway I had to call Linksys tech support and after 45 minutes the router was working again. We had to create a new wireless network.
Now my 3 year old AE doesn't connect. I use it for wireless printing only. Sometimes I have a green LED, sometimes an amber LED. My Airport Utility can find the AE about 1 time out of 20. When I can see it in Airport Utility and I tell it to correct the problem it loses the connection before it is finished with the setup.
I connected a USB cable between my MacBook Pro and the AE and changed the IP address. Now have a green light but Airport Utility can't find the AE.
I'm using OSX 10.6.2 ( :Oops: ).
FYI: When I installed Snow Leopard last year I had to call Apple tech support and it took them over an hour to get my AE working. I really don't want to do that again.
I tried to do a new install of the AE but the OS says the software version on the CD is not supported.
Does anyone have a link to some setup instructions - Apple or 3rd party? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
Try doing a factory reset on the AE and then plugging your AE into the MBP with an ethernet lead - no need to have it online - and then run AU and it will come up with the digits of the MAC. Set it up fresh with your new network but leave it in bridge mode as the Linksys should be doing the DHCP.

Click for full size

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.