Could use some advice on DELL WIDESCREENS on OS 9.2

C

Cro-Mag

Ok, well after customer service **** with Mac, Dell and a bozo at Comp USA, I am resorting to the real experts...the users.

Seriously, *** is with customer service at these places? Do I really need to call Calcutta to have someone read me a SPEC SHEET that I can do myself?? You get no real answers from real people anymore.

Anyway, I done a little research.

I have a MAC G4 Quicksilver 733 running 0s 9.2. While I have gotten conflicting reports on the functionality of OS 9 on with a Mac Cinema display, the GENERAL consensus seems to be that you lose functionality on the hubs/or firewire ports and you do not have control over the monitor parameters such as brightness, contrast etc. I have also heard that OS 9 defaults to a specific resolution that cannot be changed witht he Cinema Display. Plus the fact that my Mac is VGA out and the Cinema Display only has DVI in's is making this more and more of a headache to want to work with.

I've read some nice things about the Dell Widescreens (20 and 24). In quality and in price point. Does anyone here use one with OS 9? I could really use some opinions and confirmation of it's functionality in the OS 9 environment.

Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.