PDA

View Full Version : Weird Mac-Forums Site Activity

MYmacROX
03-23-2010, 12:21 PM
I've been experiencing odd behavior on the Mac-Forums website this morning.

If I'm in a forum and then go back to the list of all forums, before the page is finished loading it will jump back into the forum I was just in. I also started to be re-directed to some website (didn't take long enough to even read what it was). But I KNOW I didn't click on any link. It's all been while a page is loading.

Maybe this site is being "hacked" or just having other issues?

EDIT: Ok, it happened again. This time when I clicked on Switcher Hangout to enter that forum. I was re-directed to this URL: http://localfindlinks.com/jump2/?affiliate=8046&subid=996_83755&terms=bathroom

neonmac
03-23-2010, 02:04 PM
When I viewed the forum a few weeks ago on a windows machine, it kept directing me to some website. It does not do it on my Mac. But it still does it if i use a windows system. on firefox or Opera.

I should add that this other website only popped up if i hit the reply button or tried to navigate through the forum

Raz0rEdge
03-23-2010, 02:09 PM
I haven't been seeing this on my Windows machine with Chrome..I've had the site fail to load and timeout completely..but no re-directs..

Regards

cwa107
03-23-2010, 02:38 PM
I would be willing to bet it's a DNS issue with your ISP. Recently, there's been a string of DNS cache corruption/hacking.

I would use OpenDNS or Google's DNS servers at your router and see if the issue persists.

.aMaZe
03-29-2010, 11:21 PM
Yea, It can be a DNS error in your computer, Try deleting all cookies, cache and history. Restart your browser and it might work out fine after all.

hughvane
04-04-2010, 11:48 PM
I've been experiencing odd behavior on the Mac-Forums website this morning.

And from here in NZ too. After composing a quick reply or quote-reply, and clicking Submit Reply, the whole lot disappears, and a blank window results. All those pearls of wisdom - gone! :o What's happening?