• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Do you hate Apple news? - engadget article

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP Unibody 2.53Ghz 4GB RAM 250GB HD,VERIZON iPhone 4,SIG P238 ,iPad,6th Gen iPod NANO
Good read, As a semi dedicated critical Fanboy of Apple, I don't mind the constant news. The rumor mill can get a little annoying especially around iPhone time. But in general I find it entertaining.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
I don't pay attention to Apple news, myself. There hasn't been anything noteworthy since 2006. It's not like the pre-Intel days where Macworld and the Apple Expos could bring new and exciting things. Now it's just, "Intel's newest silicon and a new video card!" or "More bland case designs!"

Yaaaaaaaay.

When Jobs shows up and says, "Well, minmalism really is bland. We're bringing color back!" I'll read about it. If he tells us that OS 9 is going open source because they haven't built a PPC Macintosh in years then I'll have a reason to be interested.

But until big news comes back...

>shrug<

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I never could understand how people involved in technology could hate any form of it some make work better for others but without competition do you fill in the _____ would
actually strive harder to get your money and interest in their product or would they do
like other products in life with no competition and remain dormant till sales drop off.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Jamie, I'm a little ashamed. The iPad is totally noteworthy.

It's the next front on mobile computing, as has been predicted by industry analysts for over a decade (the shift to pads and cloud set up). Apple is again on the forefront.

I'm old school, too. But keep a little faith. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Jamie, I'm a little ashamed. The iPad is totally noteworthy.

It's the next front on mobile computing, as has been predicted by industry analysts for over a decade (the shift to pads and cloud set up). Apple is again on the forefront.

I'm old school, too. But keep a little faith. :)

But I don't like the "cloud." I don't believe in the movement and don't feel like supporting it. Thus, I don't think that the thing is that great. Sure it's nice, but is it doing anything I care about? Nooooot really.

I wish that analysts had been predicting something that didn't suck :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook - 320 GB HD, 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB Ram, + Magic Mouse
I never could understand how people involved in technology could hate any form of it some make work better for others but without competition do you fill in the _____ would
actually strive harder to get your money and interest in their product or would they do
like other products in life with no competition and remain dormant till sales drop off.

I concur. I may not like Windows products, but that doesn't mean I don't want to learn about the new updates, or see the competition.

On a side note, have you all ever seen anyone block out Windows info? It's all anti-Apple propaganda!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I concur. I may not like Windows products, but that doesn't mean I don't want to learn about the new updates, or see the competition.

On a side note, have you all ever seen anyone block out Windows info? It's all anti-Apple propaganda!

I try and ignore it but yes its a bit one sided and a lot of people hate or fear
change but I will continue to embrace technology especially if it fits my budget.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
But I don't like the "cloud." I don't believe in the movement and don't feel like supporting it. Thus, I don't think that the thing is that great. Sure it's nice, but is it doing anything I care about? Nooooot really.

I wish that analysts had been predicting something that didn't suck :p

But the cloud doesn't have to suck... You can have a central home server that you access from the cloud. It doesn't have to be corporate run. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
But the cloud doesn't have to suck... You can have a central home server that you access from the cloud. It doesn't have to be corporate run. :)

I've got that already... it's called my computer's hard disk. I don't understand what's so wrong with that and why we have to go to servers and things. It doesn't add anything except complexity. If my files are on my computer, I know where they are. I can take with me the ones I need, then save them back to my Mac Pro.

Then... now this is where things get crazy... I don't have to rely on three computers to do what one can do.

See why it's so pointless? There are computers... they're for work. There are phones and music players that are for piddling while on the go. There's the Internet which is for sending messages and files. That's all that's needed. Another stage in-between is needless and wasteful and I don't support it. I'll unplug before I ever "go cloud."

OP
the8thark
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Jamie-Jamie, just remember the at times the most insignificant things can change the world in ways we never thought possible. In that respect i think all Apple news is worth reading. The rumour mill on the other hand, that's just there for a laugh.

The colour of a computer box is pretty insignificant in the scheme of things. As long as the internal parts work who cares? Well you care. And that's ok :). WHat one person finds pointless another person might find interesting.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.