Internal USB Card - Losing External HDD

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro Quad 2.8 8GB & MacBook Pro Dual 2.4
Hi

Having an issue with my internal USB card and just wondered if anybody has come across a similar thing?

Basically, I installed a Mac compatible internal USB Card into my 2008 Intel MacPro (Allegro USB PCIe). The card works fine and runs all my external HDD's; However, when the Mac goes into standby, it loses the external HDD's. So when I awaken the Mac, I'm greeted with the 'Device Removal' message.

When I ran the HDD's off my cheap USB Hub, it used to retain the HDD's and not remove them, so when I awoke the the system they were still there.

Anybody know of a work around for the internal card? I'm concerned I'm going to accidentally corrupt the external HDD's and don't wan to have to eject them every time I put the Mac into standby.

Cheers
Christian

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (late 2009) with Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.2
The problem could be simply that the card isn't compatible with those drives. The card can read and write to them, but it has a hard time when it goes into sleep mode.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.