iPad Case delivery delayed

Reaction score
Just saw on MacLife (and confirmed on the Apple.com site) that the iPad case is delayed. Sucks! I think that thing looks SWEET! I pre-ordered mine and cannot wait to use it with the iPad. Anyone else think it looks cool as ****?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Just checked this story on my own and it looks like it's only delayed by like a week or two at most.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
Annoying. The docks are also delayed. Longer I think. Makes me worried they could delay the ipad between now and ship day.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
It's highly unlikely that the Wi-Fi model will be delayed. A small delay in accessories isn't going to stop Apple from moving forward with its much anticipated iPad release.

Now the 3G version is whole different story as Apple can't release it without FCC approval and if it doesn't have that in time, well then Apple has no choice but to delay it.

C

chas_m

Doesn't make any difference to me as I don't plan to buy one until end of April at the earliest so the "problem" will have already been fixed by then.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac
Yeah I am in hight doubt the iPad will get delayed... the accessories are another story. I am sure they didn't ramp up production on those as much as their new baby.

C

chas_m

I wonder -- and this is nothing but sheer idle speculation, mind you -- I wonder if this "delay" was caused by better-than-forecast pre-orders?

I think I hear Tim Cook, Lord & Master of Inventory Control, having a panic attack ... :)

OP
T
Reaction score
I am sure the iPad itself is not going to be delayed. It is just the case. But I am going to have to go case-less for 2 weeks.

Oh, by the way- has anyone though about a scratchproof screen cover for the iPad like that iPhone?

Just being paranoid...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
It is being delayed in UK.

Apparently, the shortage in construction means only US gets them at Easter. Everyone else has to wait until the end of April at least. :(

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Actually that is not a delay. Even before the US pre-order period started, Apple informed us that the rest of the world would get their ipads around the end of april. So we non-US customers knew about this well in advance of the US pre-order.

Reaction score
Besides the dock this is a must have accessory for me! I have several cases for Slate (Tablet PC's) -- and will probably try to make due until the official one is released.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.