somewhat basic design help

Reaction score
So first off Hi, new to the forums but reading for a while. I am re working an old website I have had, I have designed in photo shop, which for me is the easy part.

I am bassically designing a simple layout, clean, I basically have a header and a menu bar, and plan to have a sort of blog embedded into the body. I also would like the have something on the side of that along the lines of "recent features" or something like that.

Now, having made websites before, I know dreamweaver pretty well, but dont know much at all for codeing, so I like to do as much as I can in photoshop. I was going to host through ixwebhosting, which I have used before, and it says it has blogging software in the package, which I know nothing about. I bassically want something easily editable and customizable, and simple, and I hate themes, so thats not an option.

Any thoughts on the easiest way to achieve this?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 8GB Ram, 500GB HD, Have been an Apple guy since 2002, and will NEVER GO BACK =)
this is certainly not a shameless plug for the company, but I use Lynda.com very frequently to learn extra tips and tricks about the entire adobe suite that I havent learned in college...

if you have 25 bucks to spare for a month, subscribe, learn how to really use dreamweaver, and sit back and grin when you realize how amazing it is with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)

OP
scurry
Reaction score
this is certainly not a shameless plug for the company, but I use Lynda.com very frequently to learn extra tips and tricks about the entire adobe suite that I havent learned in college...

if you have 25 bucks to spare for a month, subscribe, learn how to really use dreamweaver, and sit back and grin when you realize how amazing it is with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)

I have never learned CSS, but it sounds like I probably should, and yes I really like lynda, kinda forgot about it so thanks, wish I had used it more when I was subscribed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15.4" MacBook Pro 8GB Ram, 500GB HD, Have been an Apple guy since 2002, and will NEVER GO BACK =)
It is a steep learning curve, but once you get it, editing your entire site at once is a breeze.

and I am pretty much the same way you are... I LOVE my photoshop... most of my sites are photo-based, and I use dreamweaver to fill in the blanks, but I'm slowly getting away from that and using CSS alot more.

And yeah, Lynda is a pretty darn good website, ever since I found them last fall, I'm constantly on there learning new things to do.

-Keegan

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.