PDA

View Full Version : Sticky for HOT machines

TattooedMac
03-13-2010, 05:52 AM
We have been getting a heck of a lot of threads asking about "my over heating Mac"
And to be honest im over trying to tell people unless it shuts down you are ok, BC  have a fail safe set into it, if it gets too hot it will shut it down.
Want to suggest someone write up a sticky just like the "spilled liquid" one so we can link members to it so we arnt forever repeating ourselves. Im sure we get at least 5-10 a day asking about this and its "HELP ME PLEEEAASSSEE !!!!!! My Macbook is over heating".
What do the Mods think about this. It really has become a problem IMO ...

Cheers

McBie
03-13-2010, 12:16 PM
Mate, That is a great idea.
Include the popular SmcFancontrol debate and we're good.
At the same time , create one for the 2.6 vs. 2.8 GHz debate with a clear indication that the 2.8 Ghz will wait faster than the 2.6
Sorry ... couldn't resist.

Cheers ... McBie

vansmith
03-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Want to suggest someone write up a sticky just like the "spilled liquid" one so we can link members to it so we arnt forever repeating ourselves.Sounds like you just volunteered! Or, should we "voluntell" you? ;)

TattooedMac
03-15-2010, 10:08 PM
Sounds like you just volunteered! Or, should we "voluntell" you? ;)

HAHA well i suppose you/I just voluntelled me to do one up .... lol ill start writing one soonish :)

mdfuller
03-16-2010, 12:26 PM
Great idea. Add one for connecting your Mac to your TV and we should be all set :)

clayneal
03-16-2010, 12:33 PM
Great idea. Add one for connecting your Mac to your TV and we should be all set :)

here you go .:D

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/other-hardware-peripherals/193239-connecting-your-mac-your-tv.html

Clay

cwa107
03-16-2010, 01:43 PM
While I do think this is a good idea, to be quite honest, I have no desire to write it.

As many of you know, I have strong opinions about cooling programs. And they are certainly at odds with at least a few of our long-time members. I can't see how I could write something non-biased in this regard. But if someone else wants to, by all means - get it out there and let me know, I'll sticky it.

TattooedMac
03-16-2010, 01:51 PM
There is one i have already started, beit some what not structured correctly, but we have had members add to it already ....

The Official "My MB/MBP/MBA is Over heating What should i Do" Thread (http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/apple-notebooks/194862-official-my-mb-mbp-mba-overheating-what-do-i-do.html)

Please give some feed back cwa

Cheers

cwa107
03-16-2010, 02:09 PM
Looks good, TattooedMac. But I think chas_m made a number of valid criticisms. I would try to incorporate those into the original post so that people don't have to wade through an entire thread to get what they're after.

TattooedMac
03-16-2010, 02:20 PM
Ok cool, and you are right, and we have addressed them with chas_m as you can see. Ill get back to it in good time, and re edit it to make it more comprehensible for others to read and understand ...

Cheers

mdfuller
03-16-2010, 05:16 PM
here you go .:D

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/other-hardware-peripherals/193239-connecting-your-mac-your-tv.html

Clay

I have not seen this yet! It's almost like an early Christmas present! Way to go bobtomay. You are officially my hero.

cwa107
03-16-2010, 10:07 PM
Stuck, thanks so much for your hard work, Tattooedmac!

TattooedMac
03-16-2010, 10:09 PM
Thanking you :)