doesn't see external drives

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini 8GB Airport Extreme w/2 250gb Seagates Fusion 3 w/Windows 7
** Problem solved--somehow the sharing checkbox got flipped on the drive configurations.........

I picked up a 2 pack of SeaGate FreeAgent Go drives 250GB for $89 at Sam's Club. They now seem to be working just fine. One is for my Time Machine and the other is a just in case I need it drive<G>

I have and airport extreme set up with a MacBook Pro. I have 2 external drives attached to the AE, but they don't show up in finder. They are Seagate FreeAgent Go drives that I reformatted to Max OS. They work fine if plugged into the MBP. What am I missing?

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Have you tried using the Finder's Go Menu and choosing Network (Command, Shift K)If you don't see the drives right away you should see an icon representing the Airport. Click on that icon and I think the drives will appear.

I haven't done things this way in quite a while so I may be wrong. Once you get the drive mounted on the desktop you can avoid this process by creating aliases to the drives.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.