• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Becoming Apple certified?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook : 2.26ghz,2gb ram and love it
As most here know. I am currently pursuing my Computer Science degree. Though I am already a certified developer ( web programming ) and certified to work as a PC technician ( Comp TIA ) I also in my spare time trying to study for my Linux developer certs. I want to work in Computational Physics someday but would also settle for software engineering to get by as I love programming. I am in the military so they pretty much pay for everything. Whatever certs we wish, we can normally get it paid for us. One extremely great benefit of being in the military.

I am wondering if becoming Apple certified would be a good choice?. To be honest, I have not yet seen any jobs that have asked for these certs. I think it would be a solid cert. I am becoming a certified MS developer ( :[ ) But then lost of jobs do actually look for the MS certs along with a comp sci degree. I should get the Apple certs while i can, this I know. But where will i use it if ever?. Should i be an Apple developer , technician or ??. Should I just get as many as possible.?.

Not sure what to do.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.