• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

How one becomes an Apple Addict

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Specs: 13" white MacBook | 2.26GHz Intel Core 2 Duo | 2GB RAM |250GB HDD
Yeah, I think a support group or intervention is needed here. :Smirk: I was reading another thread about a new Mac owner that excitedly purchased his iMac after a year or so of playing w/his iPhone. And I realized that sounds something like me.

I got my first MP3 player - and my first Apple product - for Christmas '08: an iPod Nano 4G. I'd heard great reviews of iPods but never owned one (I'd always listened to music through my phone's built-in MP3 capability). But I was so surprised at the form factor of the iPod. how well thought-out it seemed to be, how slick yet user-friendly the interface was. I'd kinda sit & stare at the iPod in awe, or go through the menus & spin the click wheel just to play.

Then, last summer the iPhone 3G S came out. I was using my iPhone wanna-be, ogling the iPhone 3G of a coworker, and realizing my phone was never gonna be what an iPhone is. Not even close. So on a whim, I checked my local Apple store online, and started the signup process for AT&T. By time I got to the Apple store & the sales rep was demo'ing the 3G S, I had totally forgotten the early termination fee I was to pay my old cell carrier.

One Saturday about six weeks ago my WinXP desktop decided not to boot up. I tried, and tried, and tried. Cajoled, begged, pled, but no joy. I told myself months ago that when I needed to buy a new computer, or when I could afford the luxury of a second machine, I was gonna get a notebook, and I was gonna get a Mac. The death of my XP machine transitioned me from "want" to "need". After doing some comparisons online, I decided on the white MacBook, and headed to Best Buy for the purchase.

And it's been history ever since. Like many others who made the jump, I cannot say enough good things about my Mac computer. The integration of hardware & software. The grace, beauty, and utility of OS X. The stability of the entire system, the lack of hassle & angst ala Windows. The feeling of being enlightened. :D ****, if Apple made a car, I'd probably be driving one!

I really can't see myself owning a phone other than an iPhone, and when it comes to personal computing, there are no if's, and's, or but's. It's Mac or nothing for me. So I guess this is me standing up and saying "Hi, my name is Brian, and I'm an Apple/Mac Addict".

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook : 2.26ghz,2gb ram and love it
Hi Brian.

I am also an Apple fanatic. I love the computers and I love the innovation of the company. I drool over the Mac range and dream of owning a Mac Pro within the next year. I try to make a point of converting people to Mac when they speak about wanting a new computer. I am the only Apple fanatic in my Computer Science class.

I am an addict and I need no help.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2009 MBP 2.26, 2008 MB Aluminum 2.4
Sign me up for the group...LOL It all started with an iPod.

Speaking of seamless integration...

I had just installed a new HP printer in my shop to print to wirelessly right from the PC while i was doing diag on cars. I happened to take my MBP to work the other day and needed to print something..WOW was I amazed it already had loaded the wireless printer in the list and took about 20 secs to configure. **** it took me 2 hours to install the hp software on the netbook to do the same thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
really can't say I'm a apple addict. I can go back into the 1980's when I first started touching computers but my family couldn't afford computers back then. I really didn't get into Ipod's until 2006. I loved the whole CD experience go into The Wherehouse music store and buy my favorites. I use to jailbreak Iphone's although I never owned one. I don't think I'll ever want it. I'm loving my Motorola Cliq from T-Mobile to much. I believe Android has a better outcome but that's just me. My macbook was given to me as a xmas present. I love it...but I can never believe I am a addict.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Hi everyone :)

I have been clean now for 1 1/2 hrs before this post that and in that time i havnt touched my MB.
I did let myself go a little as i went out to the shops and quickly slid my iPod touch in my pocket before anyone could see ;[ i felt shame, but also jubilation but tried to tell myself that i didnt really need it, and i could do without it for the quick 15min trip, but before i knew it i was in the car and had slid that beautiful thing into its dock :[
Then i pressed play and i was in a world of my own.. I just needed that sound and the comfort of knowing my music wouldnt crash in around me :) And that i would be returning to my Macbook

Hi im Tattooed and im a addict :[

Well close enuf anyways lol

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
I think smoking them would get you pretty addicted ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
It was easy for me I was unhappy with what I had and Apple offered a product in each
category that seemed to integrate the whole system better with less maintenance and longer life so far while being asthetically pleasing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13 inch alMacBook 2GHz C2D 4G DDR3, 1.25GHz G4 eMac
Oh yea man, freebasing silicon and other delicious chemicals is great for your entire body. While your lungs become coated in plastic, all the toxic chemicals will eat your blood vessels and brain as it goes through the blood brain barrier, and then you die... but man... those Apple computers, they get you feelin' cuh-razy!

I've posted my story so many times, I'll do the short version. Always used them, always loved them, was always there to help people who were ready to have a better computing experience when they switched. So many of my friends have. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
Listening to the marketing hype without exploring the facts works well...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
Here is two pictures of a car we all know too well.

97403789_6784d3d7c6.jpg

apple-car.jpg

I think that bloke is the definition of "Addicted to Apple". And I think some of us here want whatever drug he's on too :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 500GB/ 60GB 5G iPod/ 160GB 6G iPod/ 8GB Nano/ 32GB 2nd Gen iTouch
Owned an iPod since 2003. Had a really bad experience with HP and windows. Bought my MBP last August and haven't looked back since. The moment I turned on my MBP it was like a sweet drug that I'm addicted to and will not go to rehab for. Now I own 3 iPods, 1 nano, 1 iTouch and looking to get an iMac in a couple of months.

No, I don't need help.

Reaction score
Never have used a PC(only Apple) and don't feel I have missed anything

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17 inch 2 GHz C2D imac (5,1) with 3GB DDR2 RAM, X1600 (128MB memory) GPU - OSX 10.6.3
What?? You've never seen a blue screen of death? You've never lived till you've experienced an annoying BSOD.

Haha :) [end sarcasm]

Reaction score
I have seen plenty just never used PC believe it or not, Macs get a screen of death now and then. been using comps starting in 1986/87?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
I don't know if I'd call myself an addict. The thought of using anything else just doesn't occur to me. Been doing it since about 1985 (I was 4-ish) and it's just second nature to me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, Macbook,
I first got addicted to Apple when I first saw my friends Mac Mini. It was beautiful and the thought of using a O/S that I didn't know really amazed me and got me excited.

I bought my first Mac a couple of years ago now (24" iMac) then got my Macbook about 6 months ago.

I have also had an iPhone since they were first released. There is something about them that unless you have owned a mac you wont experience. All my friends always say to me that they are way over priced, but as I keep saying, if you owned one you would think differently.

Cannot wait for the release of the iPad either and planning on upgrading my kit to 27" iMac and also a Macbook Pro.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I think this girl was addicted to something else to be addicted to 

20100309-8wrh955jh449nb5w8mt3tt9s95.jpg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in MBP - 27in iMac - iPhone
I'm on a similar boat...

I got an iPhone the week it came out, back in mid 07. I never thought about buying a Mac computer before, but a few months later was around the time i started getting serious about photography and well I needed a new computer to edit photos on. I stopped by the apple and was WOWed but just didn't have the money at the time.

I was searching craigslist and found some one locally selling a 15in MBP that was only a couple months old, in his description he stated he was selling it to buy a bigger TV. I offered him my 50in 1080P DLP TV and he accepted. I paid 1900 for the TV a few months prier to this and he paid like 2800 for the MBP. So i think i did ok.

But any way. I still have the MBP, but i also have a 27in iMac now and upgraded to a 3GS iPhone. Oh and I'm about to buy a 2TB time capsule this week. ;D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
AlBook G4/1.5Ghz 15" - Pismo 400 Mhz - MacBook 2.26 Ghz
I wouldn't say addicted, per se. I only have two Macs, both older models, but I do spend an inordinate amount of time on them.

I've been sitting in front of the AlBook here since about about 6pm this evening. Or last evening, i should say, as it's just hitting 1am. And I've got an early morning coming. And, prior to/during part of that, I ran the battery (a new battery) down on my Pismo, though there I was doing software upgrades, installing Classic, and installing new software to play with.

I haven't been this OC about computers since I first discovered the Internet all those years ago. (Man, I'm suddenly having Gopher flashbacks!) :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.