looking for a Garageband master!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
16GB iPhone, 17" iMac, 13" MacBook & 17" MacBook Pro
I have an event in mid-May in NYC and I need to create a track for it. I am looking for someone to work with me to create it. my knowledge of Garageband is extremely limited and I know there are lots of talented folks, just don't know how to get in touch with them so I figured I'd start here. this is of course a paying gig. I will compensate you for your time and talent. you will also receive lots of credit via the event's publicity, my personal sites, etc. I'll explain in more detail via PM. I've got the general idea (chords, etc.) already mapped out, just need someone knowledgable enough to actually lay the track. I know this is no easy task, which is why I'm trying to get the ball rolling early. any interest, questions, help or suggestions, PM me.

thanks!

C

chas_m

I'm not there and thus can't really help you, BUT I should point out that there are a lot of Apple Stores in NYC and all of them offer free classes, including tutorials on the basics of Garageband. Check with your local store to find out when.

Not that this will "solve your problem," but adding to your own knowledge of GB can't hurt, right? :)

OP
chiffonhead
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm not there and thus can't really help you, BUT I should point out that there are a lot of Apple Stores in NYC and all of them offer free classes, including tutorials on the basics of Garageband. Check with your local store to find out when.

Not that this will "solve your problem," but adding to your own knowledge of GB can't hurt, right? :)
I totally agree. the only problem is I live in MS. I have spent the past 2 months reading online tutorials and watching YouTube tutorials trying to get it together. I got some beats down and tinkered around, but never could pull it together. I just hit a roadblock with frustration.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP 2.5Ghz C2D 4GB 500GB Seagate 7200RPM / 15" Powerbook G4 1.5Ghz 2GB 160GB Seagate 5400rpm
Is there a particular reason you want to create with Garage Band? Lots of folks on here I'm sure have the capability to do what you need, but use other programs with more in depth capabilities. Ultimately if what you need is a backing track sans vocals or a particular part, any program will be able to accomplish that for you. It's all going to be mixed down to two tracks as a playable audio file most likely in any case, right? Cubase 5 here, and NYC. What is it you need to do?

OP
chiffonhead
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is there a particular reason you want to create with Garage Band? Lots of folks on here I'm sure have the capability to do what you need, but use other programs with more in depth capabilities. Ultimately if what you need is a backing track sans vocals or a particular part, any program will be able to accomplish that for you. It's all going to be mixed down to two tracks as a playable audio file most likely in any case, right? Cubase 5 here, and NYC. What is it you need to do?
no, there's no reason I chose GB...I just thought it'd help me learn along the way. I'm totally open to other ways. and yeah, that's basically what I need. I need an instrumental to a song, but I want it to have more atmosphere and sort of tailored to the event. I thought by creating it from scratch, it would be really cool and original (as much as something like this can be). I'm performing at the Highline Ballroom in May and need a track. great to meet you. are you interested?

thanks so much!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.1GHz Core 2 Duo | 1GB RAM | OS X 10.6.3 | 250GB External HD | 8GB iPod Touch 1st Gen 3.1.3
So you want to lay down notes, as in notes from sheet music? If so I can easily show you.

OP
chiffonhead
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So you want to lay down notes, as in notes from sheet music? If so I can easily show you.
not exactly, but I just responded to your PM. thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 17" i7
my advice , DONT use logic studio 9 without the help of a pro . lolll

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.