• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Why Sony Why

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
Why is it that I go on PSN buy a bunch of stuff and then PSN crashes for the old fat PS3s. Not only does PSN not work but it will not allow you to play games offline if they have trophies in it.

So if anyone is reading this and they have yet to turn there old fat PS3 on make sure it is not connected to the internet (especially if you have auto-sign in checked off).

Reaction score
Sony Response

Hopefully you wont have to deal with it for to much longer, I do feel your pain though, but I recently just purchased a PS3 last Friday 2-26-10 WOOT!!!!

OP
mgsfan18
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 duo processor 4 GB of memory 300 GB HD imac, 8GB Ipod Touch 4th generation
I was lucky because people lost trophies and themes. I never did and now there website says don't even turn it on because it may cause problems yet last night i was restarting it and everything for about an hour before I realized it was a world wide problem.

lucky lucky lucky.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 15"
Completely unrelated....
But I like going on youtube and watching people complain about getting banned off the xbox network.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Custom PC
Dag! That sucks! I guess I'm just lucky by default and own a Slim?

On a side note, the GoW3 demo is pretty siiiiick!

Reaction score
I was never too much of a fan of the online atmosphere... Maybe i am alone, but I like singleplayer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I was never too much of a fan of the online atmosphere... Maybe i am alone, but I like singleplayer

Some games, like BF:BC2 which I'm picking up at lunch today, are made for multiplater. You are alone.

Is this fixed yet?

Reaction score
Completely unrelated....
But I like going on youtube and watching people complain about getting banned off the xbox network.

That made me chuckle very loudly just now. I like watching them too.

OP
mgsfan18
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
There the problem is solved but trophies are gone and sony announced no way of getting them back yet.

which is a problem for some people but I don't really care that much.

@stans34 I love single player games and I mostly spend my time gaming in single player rather then multiplayer so I guess your not alone but I think we might be a rare bread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro, Power Mac G4, iMac G3, iPhone 3GS
My Super Nintendo still works fine.

OP
mgsfan18
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yeah so does my SNES, Sega Genesis, PS1, and PS2, and xbox 360. Guess that would have been a good time to set them back up to the T.V.

Its strange how I was upset at sony and now that its working I have yet to use it. :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
VZW iPhone 4 64gb Ipad 13" White Macbook * WD 500GB HD 80GB Ipod Classic
what is the issue...is there a issue with 1st gen, 2nd whatsoever. I bought my ps3 last feb and it's fine...i have been playing COD 4 MW2 all day with no issue..trophies are there even though I don't care about them.

OP
mgsfan18
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
If you turned your PS3 (fat ones only not slim) on the last day of Feb The internal clock registered 2010 as a leap year and messed up the whole console and in some cases people got corrupted trophies and themes. They work perfectly fine now.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.