iPhoto Question

Reaction score
My Friend sent me this email and I have no clue how to help her...any thoughts???

Hey i have an iphoto dilemma. i took some pix of tommy the other night and when i got home i put my photo card in my printer and downloaded them...well sometime, don't know when, i did something that has made hundreds and hudnreds and hundreds of images show up in my iphoto...previews of webpages, symbols, logos, words, lines, arrows, squares, photos that people have sent me in emails, pics from emails about "best friends" and "cute animals" etc. it's like every "image" that we've ever seen on the computer is now on my iphoto. i've been deleteing them but they are seemingly neverending!! any idea as to how to fix this? has this ever happened to you? i'm stumped. i don't even know how to get help in the "help" cuz i don't know what to call it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4
They probably imported every image under "all images" in the finder window. It basically searches for all images on the computer and lists them. If you delete them they may delete off the computer and some of those images are used in programs and such... You need to remove them from iphoto without permanently deleting them ie don't empty the iphoto trash...

C

chas_m

They probably imported every image under "all images" in the finder window.

This is correct, this is exactly what happened.

If you delete them they may delete off the computer and some of those images are used in programs and such... You need to remove them from iphoto without permanently deleting them ie don't empty the iphoto trash...

This is not correct.

iPhoto ALWAYS makes a copy of imported photos and NEVER links to the original, so you can delete all the imported and unwanted pictures in iPhoto safely.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4
This is not correct.

iPhoto ALWAYS makes a copy of imported photos and NEVER links to the original, so you can delete all the imported and unwanted pictures in iPhoto safely.

Absolutely. My mistake. I always import them into My iphoto library only. So if you empty the iphoto trash it will delete from the "iphoto library-->Originals" folder, but they will stay in the original folders that they need to be in.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.