iPhone won't connect to internet

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro, iPod Nano 5th Gen. Yellow 16GB, iPhone 3G 16GB
I'm in Canada on the Rogers network. I just recently switched to the iPhone 3G. I used to have a Nokia E71 and when I opened the browser it would always ask me if I wanted to "Search for WLAN or WiFi" or I could choose "Go Rogers" if there wasn't an open WiFi signal close enough. Now with the iPhone it just won't connect to the internet at all if I am not connected to WiFi. It's really starting to hinder the things I can do and the time I can use my phone and various apps. Any ideas?

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just bumping this thread up. I'm still having this problem, hoping someone might have an idea.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
I'm from the UK so I've no idea what the Rogers Network is exactly but I'd suggest you don't have the correct network settings for a 3g/edge connection. Have a look on your contract providers website or give them a call is the best suggestion I can make.

Maybe start here:
Setup Rogers EDGE Settings for the iPhone | iPhone in Canada Blog - Tips, Tricks, News, and Tutorials for Canadian iPhone Users
or here
How to get the iPhone working on Roger's EDGE network
or here
http://www.rogers.com/web/Rogers.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=support_landing

Bon chance

OP
S
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for your help, unfortunately this didn't work. It said go to Settings>General>Network>Edge, but unfortunately I don't have the "Edge" option available :S

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
What did Rogers say when you called them? Again i know nothing of them as a company and no idea if they actually provide the service you need. So going straight to them would seem to be the most likely method of resolving your issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Also the Edge option was the way it used to appear in the settings. All data settings are now in Network-cellular data network

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.