Help with iPhoto

Reaction score
I recently edited a picture via Photoshop Elements and saved it as a .tif file instead of a jpeg. I've done this before with a few pictures and they're visible when searching in iphoto. This new picture is not. You can right click -> Show File and it shows the original and the edited picture but the edited picture is completely invisible to any iphoto search function. It is in the iphoto "modified" folder in finder but you cannot see the picture in iphoto

How do I get this picture visible in iphoto

Reaction score
I tried to replicate your problem but my machine (imac i5) handled it just fine... I also run Adobe masters suite CS4 instead of elements so that may make a difference...

Note that when you go to save a .tif it has several compression options (e.g. .jpeg .bmp etc.) and a bit order selection where you can choose Macintosh or Windows, make sure that isn't where the issue lies... experiment a bit if you favor the TIFF format over the more traditional .JPEG...

If you don't have a reason for saving as a .TIF than you may be better off re-opening it in photoshop and saving as a .jpeg...

Hope this helps

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.