Triple boot partition restore issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 5.5, iPhone 3GS
Okay now I began to install Debian Linux and Windows Xp alongside my Mac OS X and to begin I partitioned my drive into 3 separate partitions via Diskutil.
Anyways long story's short I botched my linux installation because of an error, and my Windows installation did not want to install on the partition because there was no drive being recognized as C: (It was telling me that it cannot install onto the partition even though it is the last partition and should behave similar to what bootcamp does).
So when I ran disk utility manager to restore the partitions it gave me an error and did not display the linux partition but only the windows partition (Which it didn't let me remove).
Now I want to reclaim the 70 gigs of space so I can start over with this but I don't want to reformat my drive.
Any suggestions?

Reaction score
You can use the Mac OS X Diskutil to format the last two partitions, use MSDOS FAT32 format, Windows or Linux can re-format them themselves into their own NTFS or Ext2 or 3 formats during the install.

Diskutil also has a resize option if you use it on a Terminal shell. Type 'man Diskutil' to see options.

OP
Okeanos
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 5.5, iPhone 3GS
Thank you for your help I had done that very same thing but manually.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.