Joomla vs. Drupal

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro 2GB
I have read countless articles on this topic, but still can't come to a conclusion.

I am familiar with DotNetNuke and have had enough of it. The ASP language is way over my head, since I'm more experienced with PHP anyways.

My next project is to create a site that allows certain users to upload a video and also have a description below it. I'm sure both of these platforms can handle such a simple request, but hearing some more advice from you guys would be great.

I also develop a lot of skins for DotNetNuke, and would need to continue to do that on whichever new platform I choose. Is one better than another at developing skins?

Thanks in advance,
Carson

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
I've played with virtually every CMS out there at one point of time..and Drupal and Joomla are by far some of the most advanced programs with a ton of plugins and customization possibilities..but with this comes a steep learning curve..

Both of have the capabilities of using alternate theme/skins..a lot of websites go to Drupal for sites that might take a beating..

Regards

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook : 2.26ghz,2gb ram and love it
I do not like the ASP language and do not see a need for most developers to learn or use it. Yes, I am an avid lover of PHP. Though PHP is more universal and can be run on more wide range of servers. I like that. When I started my degree in programming, I was quick to get into PHP.

I worked in Web Development and would personally go with Joomla.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MacBook Pro, 2.53 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3.
Personally I prefer Joomla as it's the first one I used for building a website it's also fairly easy to setup and to work with. I've not really used Drupal that much so I don't know as much about it as I do with Joomla.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.