• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Apple Comments

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
1. What is your biggest complaint or suggestion about/to Apple, Apple computers, OS X, or something along those lines?

2. What is your favorite thing about the above things (apple, OS X, etc...)?

Me:

1. I really wish Apple was better at pushing more out of their processors. M$ PCs really push the limits with that kinda stuff, I wish Apple would follow through with that.

2. The efficiency of the OS X file system, it blows away Windows.

E

EvoMac

rs2sensen said:
1. What is your biggest complaint or suggestion about/to Apple, Apple computers, OS X, or something along those lines?

1. I wish that the lower end models had a firewire 800 port on it and a audio in.

2. It "Just Works"

As a comment to what you said about apple pushing their chips, the clock speeds might not show it, but just about any G5 will outperform the best of what Intel or AMD throw out. Even the single proc 1.8 G5 Powermac out benchmarks the AMD 64 chips. Can't always compare clock speed on the cpu to one another.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP (Mid-2015), 2.8 Ghz i7, 16GB DDR3, AMD M370X Gfx, 1 TB SSD
rs2sensen said:

Me:

1. I really wish Apple was better at pushing more out of their processors. M$ PCs really push the limits with that kinda stuff, I wish Apple would follow through with that.

2. The efficiency of the OS X file system, it blows away Windows.

I dunno... I kinda tend to think that M$ PCs tend to sacrifice some stability and quality when they push out new processors and hardware all the time. As if it isn't hard enough already with all of the different Wintel configs out there... so I'm not complaining that Apple may release things a bit slower. Maybe I just enjoy the anticipation.

TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION:

1.) Apple needs to work on its game compatibility/marketing. While it's a LOT better than it used to be, this is what kept me from switching sooner. If more games were RELEASED in mac format, instead of PORTED OVER later on, I think a lot more people would switch to mac.

2.) Apple has done WONDERS with seamless integration and the sheer beauty of its systems. I went to the Apple store a while back, and WOW! I felt like my eyes could just relax and bathe in the spendor of it all. PCs seem kinda raw and humdrum in comparison.

NOTE: I am still a disgruntled Wintel user :eek:neye: . My mac isn't here quite yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro M1 • iPhone 14 Pro • iPad Pro • iMac Retina 27"
1. A two-parter: a) Apple seems to be in some sort of denial as to the quality of their products. They certainly look cool, but I have seen and heard of all sorts of problems. A lot of people (including myself) have had the "white spot" problem with the displays on iBooks and PowerBooks: Apple seems to be in denial that this is a problem, although they've fixed them in about 75% of the cases I've read. The battery life on the earlier generation iPods were terrible, yet Apple called it "normal." They need to admit to the problems out there and, more importantly, b) respond to their customers. The only reason I got my iBook back when I did was because I called Apple-- they never called me with a status, not even once.

We used to have a joke about Sun Microsystems in the UNIX admin world, and in some cases it applies to Apple: "What's the difference between Sun and the Cub Scouts?" "The Cub Scouts have adult supervision."

2. It just works.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.