Major problems with Aperture 3

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4Ghz, 4gigs RAM white macbook, Seagate Hybrid Drive =)
Hi everyone, i don't know if someone else is having the same problem as me but each time I open the program it just hangs and i get the beach ball i see the image that i was working on but it just says loading and it stays stuck there also it cripples my machine very badly :Grimmace: everything gets very slow and practically have to force quit everything. Is there a way to fix this major issue? Thanks in advance :D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Is your system up to date ??
Have you cleaned it up lately via Disk Utility or a 3rd party Oynx or MainMenu ??
Does or has this happened from the moment you ran the App the 1st time ??
Have you tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it ??
What OS are you running ??

A little more info would go a long way as it gives us a better understanding of what you have and havnt tried, and this way it makes fault finding for both parties a lot easier ..

Cheers

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Is your system up to date ??
Have you cleaned it up lately via Disk Utility or a 3rd party Oynx or MainMenu ??
Does or has this happened from the moment you ran the App the 1st time ??
Have you tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it ??
What OS are you running ??

A little more info would go a long way as it gives us a better understanding of what you have and havnt tried, and this way it makes fault finding for both parties a lot easier ..

Cheers

Hi, well my system is up to date running SL, when I installed it and started running the app it worked fine but the next time I opened that app with my photos saved is when it started to give me problems I even updated the app when a patch by apple came out for it, found out through the support page from the apple forum that a lot of people are experiencing the same thing also read an article on MacWorld web page that suggested a few bugs and troubleshooting. In my case they suggested to make the app run un 32bit mode which I tried and it seem to work at least for now. Maybe apple may have to send out another patch, just going to have to wait for now, but thanks for answering my post.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
its not torrent I downloaded the 30day trial from apple to see if its worth buying, but unless apple addresses these issues i'm better of just waiting for the newer version of LR

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Ok with the research you have done seems like the best solution for you. I have played with Aperture and i use LR2 and prefer LR2 over Aperture anyways...
Will be interested though if they do address these problems and bugs you have found out about.
Thanks for posting back with that info :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.