PDA

View Full Version : installing 7 with out bootcamp

takto101
02-16-2010, 09:02 PM
so i just got this macbook pro from a friend for free and im not a fan of os x so im looking to install windows 7... now i never plan on using os x so i would like to format it and put windows on it...

now seeing that i dont know much abut mac's im not shere how to go abut this??? so im looking for a bit of info on how to do this any help would be very cool

is there anything that i need to know

thx ppl and sorry for my spelling i know its bad

chscag
02-16-2010, 09:24 PM
If you really want to ruin a good MacBook Pro.... then do this:

Boot the MacBook Pro with the Windows 7 install DVD and follow directions. It will do the partitioning and formatting for you and then install Win 7.

:Angry-Tongue:

Regards.

takto101
02-16-2010, 10:01 PM
is it really that ez i have bin working with pc for some time now so doing an every day install is no problem... wow i was just thinging that there would be alot more to it lol

and even thow i got the mac for free i cant sell it if i did i would hurt the feeling of a good friend and if i dont put somthing like windows on there then it would just sit and a Paperweight os x has alot of cool stuff but its just not something that i like

thx alot

1 other thing i have bin looking around it seem that the drivers are hard to find??? but then i see in some other place's that every thing is native

Kash
02-17-2010, 12:43 AM
It really is that easy. You'll just need the OS X disc to install the drivers

TattooedMac
02-17-2010, 12:51 AM
is it really that ez i have bin working with pc for some time now so doing an every day install is no problem... wow i was just thinging that there would be alot more to it lol

As kash said yes it is that ez ....
Just goes to show, and what a great example, that OS X and Mac's in general are such a joy to use. You even said you thought there would be a lot more to it. Well sorry to disappoint you but Mac=Ez

Maybe just maybe you will have a look at the Mac side and convert. Because most things on Mac's are that ez ....

Cheers

takto101
02-17-2010, 09:11 AM
well thx guy this makes life ezer... it will be a day or so before i get to the in stall but i will post how it gos

takto101
02-20-2010, 10:30 PM
ok ppl so i have a new problem so i dont have the disk that the mac came with but i can get a hold of snow leopard V10.6 will work

gwsat
02-22-2010, 05:27 PM
ok ppl so i have a new problem so i dont have the disk that the mac came with but i can get a hold of snow leopard V10.6 will work
Yes, Snow Leopard (OS X Ver. 10.6.x) will run on any Intel based mac, including the MacBook Pro.

takto101
02-22-2010, 07:58 PM
thx i fond all the drivers evry thing is working and the macbook pro is much faster now win 7 is so much faster on this thing than 10.4 10.5 and 10.6

ehhh im just happy that it works