Audio book format

Reaction score
Quick question about the audio book format.

I have a ton of books that were ripped from CD’s into MP3 files.

The ones I have converted over to the M4B format work, but have a “cracking sound” that they did not have in regular mp3 format playing on the same iPhone.

Is this because I ripped all the mp3’s at a really low bit rate and the M4B format would prefer a higher rate?

Also, is there a program that will let me combine the dozen tracks of the converted mp3 into one or two audio book track like they are when you d/l an audio book?

THANKS A MILLION in advance!!!!

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Audiobook Builder is the app for you. Worth every penny.

If you want free - you can give this post a read. Go on down to the 3rd post on how to combine your individual mp3s. The first issue I addressed there is not really an issue in iTunes any longer.

OP
L
Reaction score
Associated question

I am still using a PC - so the software will not work and the docs are for a MAC also (no apps folder).

I will be getting a 27" iMac in a few months, but can I do this now, do I have to wait.

I.E.; is there a way for me to do this with a PC?

Audiobook Builder is the app for you. Worth every penny.

If you want free - you can give this post a read. Go on down to the 3rd post on how to combine your individual mp3s. The first issue I addressed there is not really an issue in iTunes any longer.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Am sure there are, but I do this on my Mac.

You'd probably be able to find something with google as fast as I could - or join a Windows based forum.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.