Use Mac Mini for image editing...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro, iPhone 4, ibook g4, imac g5
I´m wondering about buying a mac mini, but will it be strong enough to use as a image editor and video editor?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
I think the newer ones with maxed out ram would be perfectly fine. I do small edits on 10 Megapixel RAW images with Photoshop CS4 on my Macbook1, 1.83 Intel Core Duo with 2GB ram. No issues... the new Mac Minis are alot faster then this Macbook.

Im in the market to get a Mac Mini for a media server to replace my cable box.... the minis are awesome, i used to have a 1.42ghz G4 Mini (my first mac) Miss the lil guy, it was a great computers.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok. Thank you, maz94protege for good and helpful answers and tips on both my questions on the forum. Have a great week.

Me

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacbookPro 15.4, 2.2ghz i7 (Late 2011), Macbook 1,1 1.83ghz CoreDuo
not a problem, hope the info helps ya, and if you do get a mac mini setup going, post some pics of it. :Evil:

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late 2008 MBP
Hold the phone, while a mini can easily edit digital photos... I'm not so sure about the ability to do video. I recall trying to put final cut on a white macbook and it wouldn't even load... It works with a macbook pro, so I'm thinking that some video editing software requires a better video card than the mini has... from what I can tell a mini has a nvidia 9400M that shares 256 of the ram... I'm not sure if that is considered a integrated video card or not sense its using shared ram.... if it is considered a integrated graphics then final cut wouldn't work... So before you decide to buy a mini for editing make sure you verify that the software you will be using will work.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
the mini has an integrated graphics card. Confirm that the FCP version likes your graphics card. Research! :)

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you, deus_ex_machina and thomas998 for further info.
Have a great weekend, you both.

Appie

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.