Airport Origional or Extreme?

H

HIM

I have a Powermac G4 (GE) and I was toiling with the thought of the older G4's being compatible with the Airport Extreme card. Anyone had any experiences or have any knowledge? If it's not compatible, would an Origional Airport card be compatible with my already in-place Extreme base station? Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
the airport card is 802.11b
the airport express is 802.11g

most 802.11g routers are backwards compatible to 802.11b

as for being compatible with your computer i dont know. sorry

badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger, badger

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Mushroom, mushroom, .... ah snake, ah snake, oh snake, oh it's a snake.

I just had to. :cool:

If you guys have no idea what we are talkin' about, here: http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
iWhat said:
If you guys have no idea what we are talkin' about, here: http://www.badgerbadgerbadger.com/

I've been hearing that on a weekly basis at work for ever - it's making me mental. :p A couple people even bought the T-Shirts... <sigh>

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24" 2.66 C2D, 13" MacBook i7 2.9GHz, iPad 3, iPhone 4
HIM said:
I have a Powermac G4 (GE) and I was toiling with the thought of the older G4's being compatible with the Airport Extreme card. Anyone had any experiences or have any knowledge? If it's not compatible, would an Origional Airport card be compatible with my already in-place Extreme base station? Thanks.

Look up your G4 model on Apple in the support section to see if it is the Extreme or regular Airport to determine the correct card. Either one will work on the Extreme Base Station unless you've turned off Mixed Mode (b/g), but it's on by default so you should be good. ;)

OP
S

slushi99

Will this work with my Microsoft Broadband Router?

On a Mac Mini -

I want see if i can signal comming from this, just to verify?

thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.