iPhoto Won't Open

Reaction score
After some corruption issues in OS 10.4.11 on my internal HD, I erased the drive & reinstalled the OS from the install disk. I then transfered files, libraries, settings, etc from my backup HD (via Target Disk Mode) to my internal drive. Everything is now up & running EXCEPT iPhoto. When I double-click the iPhoto icon nothing happens. Same thing when I double-click the icon for the iPhoto library.

BTW, I believe I have iPhoto '09 (don't know for sure since I cannot open it).

Any thoughts? Thank you kindly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac, and Macbook Pro
Try going to (user)/Library/Preferences and delete the com.apple.iPhoto.plist file. That might do it.

C

chas_m

You can reinstall iPhoto individually from your DVD restore disk I believe (if it comes to that. It probably just got corrupted in the transfer.

OP
K
Reaction score
Trashing the preference didn't help. However, I did look at the crash report (User>Logs>Crash Reported>iphoto.crash.log) & copied it below. Does this offer any suggested solutions? Thank you.

Command: iPhoto
Path: /Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/MacOS/iPhoto
Parent: WindowServer [93]

Version: 7.1.5 (7.1.5)

PID: 349
Thread: Unknown

Link (dyld) error:

Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iLifeMediaBrowser.framework/Versions/A/iLifeMediaBrowser
Referenced from: /Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/MacOS/iPhoto
Reason: image not found

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac | iPhone 4
Library not loaded: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/iLifeMediaBrowser.framework/Versions/A/iLifeMediaBrowser
Referenced from: /Applications/iPhoto.app/Contents/MacOS/iPhoto
Reason: image not found
Based on that I think you'll need to reinstall.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.