PDA

View Full Version : Parallels AND VMWare Fusion on same Mac

mtbinva
02-09-2010, 11:31 AM
I was curious as to whether anyone ran both Parallels AND VMWare Fusion? I got a great deal on both, however I am a VMWare person (Only because I use VMWare workstation on a PC)

Based on how the OS works, I don't foresee any conflicts. Thoughts or commentaries would be greatly appreciate.

I am going to run it on a MBP 2.66, 320 7200RMP, 4GB of ram, Mac OSX 10.6.2

chscag
02-09-2010, 05:57 PM
Shouldn't present any problems as far as I can see.... But running both is a bit redundant don't you think? (unless you're doing it for test purposes)

Regards.

mdfuller
02-09-2010, 05:58 PM
I have done it. No problems at all. I was a Fusion fan and just started having issues with it. Gave Parallels a shot and now it is all I use.

mtbinva
02-10-2010, 06:18 PM
Shouldn't present any problems as far as I can see.... But running both is a bit redundant don't you think? (unless you're doing it for test purposes)

Regards.

Test purposes.

SammySlim
02-11-2010, 10:51 AM
I have run all 3 (VirtualBox, Fusion and Parallels) on the same machine to test them out. Not an issue in any respect (although you won't want to run them simultaneously).

I wound up with Fusion as my preference, although your mileage (and preference) may vary.

Cheers

mtbinva
02-15-2010, 02:28 PM
Well, so far, and this is certainly a biased viewpoint, but biased towards VMWare, typically, I have to say that Parallels is edging out Fusion. I'll give a detailed report and some benchmarks as soon as I am able.