should ipad and iphone apps be in different places?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2.2
I believe that iphone and iphone apps should be kept SEPARATELY, not together as now.
ipad apps will soon grow separate, as ipad apps can use more space and different prices.
what do you think?
greg

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Why don't you try asking this question after the device comes out.

No one here has ever even touched an iPad.

We really have no clue about them or whether iTunes will keep these apps separate or not.

There is currently not a single iPad specific app in the app store that I am aware of. So, exactly how would any of us have a clue where they are stored, either in the store or in iTunes?

OP
G
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook pro 2.2
you have a point, but I am trying to save future confusion...
greg

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 24-inch 3.06GHz
One way or another it should be clear if you are searching for or ordering iPad apps or iPhone apps... I have also wondered how this will be done. Since iPhone apps will run on iPad but not vice versa, I assume the "iPad only" apps will be clearly marked in iTunes.

But yeah, we'll know soon enough. This isn't the sort of detail that Apple is likely to drop the ball on. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.