iPhoto crash

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
I just installed the latest iPhoto download from Apple and ... nothing working now :Shouting:

My iPhoto won't open, just get a blank iPhoto page and the dreaded spinning rainbow Catherin Wheel :Shouting, I then have to force quit.

Has there been any postings about the new downloading crashing iPhoto?

Any suggestions, have I lost about 3K photos :Shouting:

OP
MUDCRABS
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13in Mac-Book, 24in imac, 15in G4 iMac, 12in PowerBook, G3 iMac, G3 PPC, G3 iBook, and a 'Newton'
Please delete, wrong forum.

Reaction score
Well actually you're *sort of* in the right forum, seeing as iPhoto is photo software. I made the mistake of posting my iPhoto crashes in the Movies and Video forum, thinking I was in Images and Digital Photography.

iPhoto crashes on my Mac when syncing my iPod touch to iTunes- iPhoto automatically runs, something I've yet to learn how to disable properly. I think RAM has something to do with my problems- however, my Mac came with iPhoto when I first turned it on. (Early '09 Mac Mini; Snow Leopard)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27 iMac+Thunderbolt, iMac 21,
What OS and was iPhoto part of initial install or added with iLife 0?

C

chas_m

I just installed the latest iPhoto download from Apple and ... nothing working now :Shouting:

There hasn't been an update to iPhoto in quite some time. Not sure what you're talking about here -- do you mean you bought a copy of iLife 09 and upgraded from iLife 08?

The last update I'm showing is 8.1.1 which came out last August. Before that was March.

Any suggestions, have I lost about 3K photos :Shouting:

They aren't "lost" unless the iPhoto Library file is missing from your home folder. Before we do anything else, why not check to see if that's there.

Second, since you have a backup from before the update (right?), you can always restore from that if necessary. This is precisely what Time Machine is for, stuff like this.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.