PDA

View Full Version : Removing Community Satisfaction Banner.

harryb2448
02-02-2010, 05:11 PM
Having completed the survey, why will it not go away and admins it should be set up so one cannot fill the survey in multiple times. The way it is simply invites dissatisfied members to make repeated posts, giving a possible false result to what must be an expensive survey.

TattooedMac
02-02-2010, 05:13 PM
i was i little disappointed to it not sending me back to Mac-Forums once i was done ... :(

toMACsh
02-02-2010, 07:33 PM
Or, there are people like me who didn't notice it. In fact, it took me a minute to find it.

harryb2448
02-02-2010, 07:39 PM
Or, there are people like me who didn't notice it. In fact, it took me a minute to find it.

You be pulling my leg toMACsh? Main concern was some Mac downers may well complete the survey repeatedly to give false indication/s of satisfaction with Mac-Forums..

generic chick
02-02-2010, 07:41 PM

I didn't notice it either. In my defense, it is waaaay up there. I'm more of a centre of the screen person.

hughvane
02-02-2010, 11:16 PM
I think it will be found that one cannot complete the survey a second time. I base that on the fact that I had to accept a cookie from INET (normally I block all cookies until I know what they're for) in order to proceed. Your computer address will be logged with INET, and if you try to rig the survey, by completing it more than once, your attempt will be blocked. Here's hoping so I have neither intention to nor interest in testing the system btw.

generic chick
02-03-2010, 12:19 PM
Just out of curiosity, I took the survey a second time. It seemed to accept my second round as graciously as my first, thanking me at the end.

It is a little annoying that there isn't a "go back to the forum" link on the thank you page.

schweb
02-03-2010, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll pass it on to the developer!

dtravis7
02-03-2010, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys, I'll pass it on to the developer!

What they are saying is true. I have not tried to fill it out again but for sure it still displays after you take the survey. Another note is that in both Safari and Firefox using an Ad Blocker removes it. A friend did not even see it at first with Firefox because he had AdBlocking on.

toMACsh
02-03-2010, 02:02 PM
You be pulling my leg toMACsh?

I've done no such thing!! Really! ;)

Rottie
02-26-2010, 02:57 PM
Just out of curiosity, I took the survey a second time. It seemed to accept my second round as graciously as my first, thanking me at the end.

Hi there,
Do you have a static IP address, or is it a dynamic one?
The reason I ask, is because if it's a dynamic IP address and you (for example) rebooted/restarted your modem/router, this would (in most cases) make you drop the IP address you had previously been using and your ISP would then assign you a new one.

Another reason that you were able to complete the survey multiple times is if you have recently cleared cookies, or you have your browser set to automatically do so when you quit it, therefore the site where the survey's hosted would not have a cookie to track.

harryb2448
02-26-2010, 04:51 PM
Well three weeks + later and I can still complete the survey a second or further times. One must question the effectiveness of such a survey.

baggss
02-26-2010, 06:40 PM
Well three weeks + later and I can still complete the survey a second or further times. One must question the effectiveness of such a survey.

I actually question the whole point of the survey, not just obviously skewed results. Those who are regulars here know how and who to give the appropriate feedback to and eve the n00bs can see there is a feedback forum. This is just another reminder that this place is run the faceless glacial entity that is iNet. Frankly, if a corporation like iNet let something as simple as being able to take the survey multiple times slip past their web "experts" prowess, no wonder things never get done around here when they are involved....

cwa107
02-26-2010, 10:50 PM
I actually question the whole point of the survey, not just obviously skewed results. Those who are regulars here know how and who to give the appropriate feedback to and eve the n00bs can see there is a feedback forum. This is just another reminder that this place is run the faceless glacial entity that is iNet. Frankly, if a corporation like iNet let something as simple as being able to take the survey multiple times slip past their web "experts" prowess, no wonder things never get done around here when they are involved....

Agreed, we'll bring it up to iNet. In the last couple of weeks, we've actually had a Product Manager assigned to us here that will probably be interested to hear about these kinds of issues. I'll let him know.

snaip
03-11-2010, 04:45 AM
Agreed, we'll bring it up to iNet. In the last couple of weeks, we've actually had a Product Manager assigned to us here that will probably be interested to hear about these kinds of issues. I'll let him know.

We'll ensure that any future surveys conducted will disallow repeated submissions and redirect properly after completion.

TattooedMac
03-11-2010, 06:38 AM
We'll ensure that any future surveys conducted will disallow repeated submissions and redirect properly after completion.

Great thanks for the reply. It will keep our harry happy :)

generic chick
03-11-2010, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the update.

Hi there,
Do you have a static IP address, or is it a dynamic one?
The reason I ask, is because if it's a dynamic IP address and you (for example) rebooted/restarted your modem/router, this would (in most cases) make you drop the IP address you had previously been using and your ISP would then assign you a new one.

Another reason that you were able to complete the survey multiple times is if you have recently cleared cookies, or you have your browser set to automatically do so when you quit it, therefore the site where the survey's hosted would not have a cookie to track.

It doesn't seem to matter to the survey. Static or dynamic, cookies, or no, it still lets me take it as many times as I have the will to.