Best Windows OS to install on Mac Pro

Reaction score
I have a MAC Pro (2006 gen). What is the best operating system to install on Mac Pro through Boot Camp. I have tried installing Window 7 with no luck (34 bit and 64 bit). Just looking for something that will install easily. Any advice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.53 GHz, 4GB Ram, 250GB HD > 2TB TC > 16GB iPhone 3G
Hold down the "Option" key when restarting or you won't see the boot choice. I didn't read the fine print in BOLD letters and installed and nuked Win7 3x before opening my eyes.

OP
M
Reaction score
The 64 bit just won't install. It just gives me a black screen telling i have to reboot from one of two options. and the 34 bit almost gets there but give me an error message and keeps just trying to reboot. I search for fixes and you need a computer science degree to figure them out......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
The best one would be none at all, of course!

All kidding aside, Windows 7 truly is the best version. What sort of error are you getting? Which version of OS X are you running? Have you updated Boot Camp to the latest version?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.