• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Tmobile Internet Plan

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
I have a Motorola V600 Cell phone, with T-Mobile Service.
It has built in Bluetooth, and can connect to my Macs beautifully.

I just switched my Phone service plan to The "T-Mobile Internet Plan for laptops and PDAs". Via my cell phone(bluetooth), I will get internet anywhere I have signal!

I've always wanted this! Woot!

:p Don't be surprised when I'm posting on MF at lunch ;).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" G5 iMac; 14.1" G4 iBook; 60Gig iPod Video
What a nice setup. I wish they had that feature when I had t-mobile, I might have kept it. Does anyone know if Verizon offeres something comperable?

-Chris

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'm pretty sure they do...

Look for internet plans on their site..

Is you cell phone bluetooth enabled? It doesn't have to be, but then you need to use a USB cable...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ApplejustWorks said:
I'm pretty sure they do...

Look for internet plans on their site..

Is you cell phone bluetooth enabled? It doesn't have to be, but then you need to use a USB cable...

My current phone is not, no, but then again I haven't bought a laptop yet (well, an Apple one anyway). I should have a loptop within the month and will be upgrading my phone service around the same time. I'm certianly going to check this out though.

-Chris

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well, as soon as my service gets updated(end of the billing cycle), the 24th, I can give you all an update on how it works.

E

EvoMac

My contact is just about up with verizon (< 2 months). I couldnt find that add on plan on t-mobile's site or the v600 either. This might be a verizon switching dealbreaker.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Okay, on T-Mobile's site the internet plan:

http://www.t-mobile.com/plans/default.asp?tab=internet

As for finding the V600, the current model is temporarily removed from the site because they are being updated soon(and there is no stock of the current one). I got a free update to the current one(arriving soon).

Additionally, any phone with bluetooth(there are several, some cheaper than the V600, available from T-Mobile).

S

Steel02001

Wow, T-Mobile just skyrocketed in my books.

Sprint and Verizon dont allow "full bluetooth" capabilies such as that. I need to switch dang it.

E

EvoMac

I was not able to find any other decent bluetooth phones that t-mobile has to offer. Those 2 motorola phones they have there now don't do much for me.

Is t-mobile a company that allows for you to purchase any phone that accepts sim cards and use it on their service or do they have to be purchased right from t-mobile?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook
t-mobile will let you use any phone as long as it is unlocked...you can't buy it from verizon or something, it must be bought from a retailer or ebay. For example my dad wanted to buy a razor to use on t-mobile and the girl at the store said to buy it form ebay. Just looked for the word unlocked

E

EvoMac

Wow, I can't believe AJW was banned... he was quite helpful with a lot of things =/. I'm guessing it had something to do w. that one kid he brought onto the forum that got banned the other day bc of a snide comment to a mod.

AJW seemed to be real cool :eek:neye:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
He seemed snippy at times, but I did find him more helpful that not. Oh well, I suppose the mods know why it needed to be done.

-Chris

S

Steel02001

I agree with Bassplayrr, we should drop the subject.

The mods do a great job and I am sure they have reasons for all their doings.

Keep up the great work mods!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.