accessing mac hard disc docs from windows

Reaction score
I bought a 13" MacBook Pro 7 months old so it has snow leopard installed.
I however need to use Autocad for work so I was running parallels but a virtual machine runs AutoCad veeeeery slowly.
So after a helpful colleague buggered about with my mac and Parallels fell over every time I typed a letter into AutoCad I have used Boot Camp to partition my disk and run AutoCad quite nicely in Windows XP.
I have two questions however.
I do not want to put all my drawings on the XP partition as it would fill it up so can I access "My Documents" on my Mac from the XP partition? If so could someone please explain in words of half a syllabull?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
In order to store documents created within XP on to your OS X Snow Leopard partition, you will need a special driver. MacDrive is $49.95 but works well.

You might want to consider using an external hard drive instead to store your large Autocad documents.

Regards.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.